cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Enterprise Vault: Archiving Tasks

Willrob
Level 2

My Outlook 2003 Tasks are set to archive after 60 days. However, many of my tasks are far older than this and have not been archived.

Any ideas what might stop my tasks from archiving? Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

TonySterling
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

Just remember that EV doesn't create shortcut for Tasks.  See excerpt from Setting up Exchange Server Archiving:

"When certain items such as calendar, task, and meeting items are archived, the original item is not replaced with a shortcut. By default, the archiving task does not delete the original items when it performs shortcut deletion. To include such items in shortcut deletion, configure the registry setting, DeleteNonShortcutItems. The setting is described in the Registry Values manual."

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

MarkBarefoot
Level 6
Employee

Do you mean emails rather than tasks? You could try running the task in report mode and see what it comes back with. What version of EV are you using?

TonySterling

Are you actually referring to Task in Outlook?  If yes, is that message class selected to archive in your policy?

Willrob
Level 2

Thanks for your reply Mark. Yes - referring to tasks rather than email. We're running version 9 of EV.

Willrob
Level 2

Hi Tony. Thanks for your reply. Yes - referring to Tasks. I ran a search against Tasks in Archive Explorer and it returned a couple of Tasks, so assumed that Tasks were included in the policy. I'll double check with the relevant team here, though.

TonySterling

Just remember that EV doesn't create shortcut for Tasks.  See excerpt from Setting up Exchange Server Archiving:

"When certain items such as calendar, task, and meeting items are archived, the original item is not replaced with a shortcut. By default, the archiving task does not delete the original items when it performs shortcut deletion. To include such items in shortcut deletion, configure the registry setting, DeleteNonShortcutItems. The setting is described in the Registry Values manual."

MarkBarefoot
Level 6
Employee

I mis-read this as the Archiving Task, not the archiving of Outlook Tasks :-s. Tony has delivered above as usual :)

Rob_Wilcox1
Level 6
Partner

If you have 1-2 tasks shown in Archive Explorer, maybe at some point in the past, you've manually archived them?

For regular archiving of them you'd need to check the archiving policy... and ensure that the message class for tasks is included.

Working for cloudficient.com