cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Enterprise Vault FSA - mass deletion of archived items

dfranks
Level 3

I am running EV v10.03 for File System.  I have a large archive that has reached its retention period.  I need to be able to selectively delete a large number of these archived items.  Is there a powershell script or other utility that I can use to tell EV to delete items from an archive?  These files can be identified by their original folder locations.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Rob_Wilcox1
Level 6
Partner

No, there isn't.

Storage expiry is your only hope... which will delete based on the retention category defined in EV.

Working for cloudficient.com

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Rob_Wilcox1
Level 6
Partner

No, there isn't.

Storage expiry is your only hope... which will delete based on the retention category defined in EV.

Working for cloudficient.com

dfranks
Level 3

Storage expiry has no hope as it will delete all items.

GabeV
Level 6
Employee Accredited

David,

One option could be the 'delete on delete' feature for FSA. If you already know which folders you need to delete AND you have all the placeholders in those folders, then you can enable delete on delete and just delete the folders from the file server. However, if you have pass-through enabled, delete on delete won't work, this behavior is by design.

Take a look at the FSA documentation to get more details about this feature:

Symantec Enterprise Vault 10.0.3 - Setting up File System Archiving
http://www.symantec.com/docs/DOC6245 (Page 97 - Configuring the deletion of archived files on placeholder deletion)

I hope this helps.

dfranks
Level 3

Unfortunately, we are not using place holders.  EV is configured to perform an "arcive copy and reset" on the production data.