cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Enterprise Vault FSA - shortcuts not being created

Jon_Hicks
Level 3
Partner

We're piloting FSA on EV 8.0 SP3 (8.0.3.1845) but we're having trouble with the shortcut generation. It doesn't appear to be happening.

The archiving rules say "generate shortcuts immediately" and our Partition settings are set to remove safety copies after backup. I understand this to mean that shortcuts should be generated AFTER a good backup. To be sure, I've backed up both EV and the share that we've archived (hence removing the archive bit), but the FSA task is still not generating shortcuts. I can see that it has archived content. Indeed, the reports state at the time that the shortcut was not generated.

Am I missing something here? At what point should shortcuts be generated and the original file be deleted? Where can I see a log/report on this process?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

TonySterling
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

So you archived the FSA share, backed up the vault store partition and then ran the FSA task again? The Vault store partition needs backed up before the placeholder is created.

FSA task can configure be configured to create a detailed log.  Look on the properties of the task.  The log file should be in the Enterprise Vault\reports directory.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

TonySterling
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

So you archived the FSA share, backed up the vault store partition and then ran the FSA task again? The Vault store partition needs backed up before the placeholder is created.

FSA task can configure be configured to create a detailed log.  Look on the properties of the task.  The log file should be in the Enterprise Vault\reports directory.

MarkBarefoot
Level 6
Employee

Are you backing up the Vault Store partition itself? Take a look at these articles http://www.symantec.com/docs/HOWTO37411