cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Enterprise Vault: Item has been archived by Enterprise Vault

nmauri
Level 3

There are some users that access all to the same account (secondary), but when they open an archived email (Outlook 2010) they do not see the attachments.

It is showed the message from the screen:

EV error attachments.png

Enterprise Vault Symantec Corporation Version: 10.0.1.1171

Please help!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

nmauri
Level 3

Solution:

Reinstall "Symantec Enterprise Vault HTTP-only Outlook Add-In in all the PC with problems.

Thank Rob.Wilcox and GabeV for the help!

View solution in original post

12 REPLIES 12

Rob_Wilcox1
Level 6
Partner

Have you got the option turnd in the users policy:

2014-07-31_16h48_37.png

.. perhaps something in Outlook is overriding it?  What does that error say in English?

Working for cloudficient.com

nmauri
Level 3

The Default Exchange Desktop Policy is the next:

EV error attachments 1.png

The error says: Item has been archived by Enterprise Vault.

nmauri
Level 3

Anything?

GabeV
Level 6
Employee Accredited

Hi nmauri,

If the users are receiving the banner when they open the email, it means that they are seeing the EV shortcut, not the full email. That's why they can't access the attachments. If you click in the banner, do you receive an error message? If could be a permission issue (users do not have read access to the archive) or Enterprise Vault can't retrieve the archive item from the archive.

Can you apply full access permissions to the VSA over the archive, open the mailbox using the VSA account and then try to open an archived email?

nmauri
Level 3

Hi GabeV,

The users has the following configuration:

EV error attachments3.png

I try to open an archived email using the VSA (Vault Service Accaunt) and there was no problem. The email and the attachment opened without any problem.

GabeV
Level 6
Employee Accredited

If you can retrieve the message using the VSA, you might need to dtrace it. Can you click on the banner and post the error message?

nmauri
Level 3

There are no error message if users click on the banner, nothing happens.

With the VSA account there is no banner and it worked perfectly.

How do I dtrace it?

nmauri
Level 3

There are some users that have the same problem (can not see the attached elements), but there is no message:

EV error attachments4.png

nmauri
Level 3

Anything?

GabeV
Level 6
Employee Accredited

Hello nmauri,

This technote explains how to run a dtrace:

www.symantec.com/docs/TECH38122 

For this issue, you need to dtrace several processes, such as StorageOnlineOpns, RetrievalTask, StorageRestore, w3wp and AgentClientBroker. However, I suggest you to open a case with support to assist you further.

I hope this helps.

nmauri
Level 3

Solution:

Reinstall "Symantec Enterprise Vault HTTP-only Outlook Add-In in all the PC with problems.

Thank Rob.Wilcox and GabeV for the help!

Rob_Wilcox1
Level 6
Partner

Glad to have assisted (a little bit)

Working for cloudficient.com