cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Enterprise Vault Journaling

kenglam
Level 3

I currently am running EV 9 archiving e-mails and am looking at using it to journal e-mails as well.

After checking the docs, I can't find anything about how to view, retreive, etc journaled e-mails.

Can someone tell me how I would do that please? Would I have to purchase something else?

Thanks

Keng

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

GertjanA
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

Journal archiving is a seperate license. when you have (or buy) that, you also get a license for Discovery Accelerator

You can use that (DA) to setup and run a search against the journalarchvie (or the users archives)

DA also allows you to export search results.

Journal Archiving archives everything from the journalmailbox, does not create shortcuts. It is possible to use the Archive Explorer, but an journalarchive most likely will grow big. (depending on how long you retain items).

Remember that a journal mailbox is not considered a user mailbox, it is a 'catch all' mailbox with a specific goal. (to get all mails coming in/going out).

Regards. Gertjan

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

GertjanA

Journal archiving is a seperate license. when you have (or buy) that, you also get a license for Discovery Accelerator

You can use that (DA) to setup and run a search against the journalarchvie (or the users archives)

DA also allows you to export search results.

Journal Archiving archives everything from the journalmailbox, does not create shortcuts. It is possible to use the Archive Explorer, but an journalarchive most likely will grow big. (depending on how long you retain items).

Remember that a journal mailbox is not considered a user mailbox, it is a 'catch all' mailbox with a specific goal. (to get all mails coming in/going out).

Regards. Gertjan

SHI-CRO
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified

In the vault console, under archives -> Exchange Journal, you can open the properties of the journal archive and give yourself read permissions.  Then you can use the EV search to see the items in the journal archive.

Using the EV search on the journal archive isn't going to work well for large archives or searches that return a lot of results.  DA will be what you want to use then.

kenglam
Level 3

Cheers guys, I'll look into purchasing DA.

GertjanA

if you have a journalarchiving license, it should include the da-license. check with Symantec Licensing

Regards. Gertjan