cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EV error

yeow_km
Level 5

I have user who encounter newly received emails that is auto archived.

the email is automatically archived despite being received only yesterday.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Nick_White
Level 6
Employee

I don't think zap is going to sort this one out...

When you said "he happend to only received email that is automatically archived from this particular sender." do you mean that the other user archived some items and then sent the shortcut to the other user who then gets the error when trying to open the item? If so, the reason for this is the sending user has archived the message content into their own archive. The user who received the shortcut double-clicks it which then attempts to recall the item from the sender's archive. As the receiver does not have permission to access the sender's archive they get the error you are seeing

I would check to see if this is the case. The sender should not send the shortcut, but instead should send the whole item. If they select a shortcut and press reply, reply to all or forward then the item will be recalled from the archive. If they open the item from the archive and press reply, reply to all or forward then the item will be recalled from the archive. If they attach the shortcut to a mail message without opening it then the item will not be recalled from the archive and the shortcut will be sent instead

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8

yeow_km
Level 5

the user got another auto archive message with the following error message.

"Your account does not have access to the vault containing this item.

Try using the same logon details you would use to logon on to Microsoft Exchange Server.

Alternatively you may ask your Help desk to grant you access to the Vault.

Do you want to log on to Enterprise Vault under another account ?"

Gonz
Level 5
Employee

Are you logged in windows with the credentials of the owner of the mailbox or are you logged with a windows credentials and then connect to a shared mailbox.

In the second case, you need to go to the Enterprise Vault console, open the archive container for the shared mailbox and give permissions to all the users that access the shared mailbox.

After that, go to the archiving task --> right click --> properties --> sync task and synchronize all the mailboxes, marking the checkbox to synchronize folder permissions.

If this is not the case, then dtrace in the evserver storageonlineopns while trying to access the archived item if you are using the dcom version of the extensions and post here the log.

Regards.

AndrewB
Partner    VIP    Accredited

i would go ahead and zap the user then reenable them.

yeow_km
Level 5

the user is logon using his own window credentials.

he happend to only received email that is automatically archived from this particular sender. all from the same company but different locations.

yeow_km
Level 5

what do u mean by zap the user ?

disable ??

Mohawk_Marvin
Level 6
Partner

http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH44818

Tech Note on Zapping, a zap removes the hidden message EV uses, disable simply updates that hidden message. So if the message is hosed, disabling will not help :)

AndrewB
Partner    VIP    Accredited

yeow_km,

with marvin's note, were you able to try the zapping to see if it helps?

Nick_White
Level 6
Employee

I don't think zap is going to sort this one out...

When you said "he happend to only received email that is automatically archived from this particular sender." do you mean that the other user archived some items and then sent the shortcut to the other user who then gets the error when trying to open the item? If so, the reason for this is the sending user has archived the message content into their own archive. The user who received the shortcut double-clicks it which then attempts to recall the item from the sender's archive. As the receiver does not have permission to access the sender's archive they get the error you are seeing

I would check to see if this is the case. The sender should not send the shortcut, but instead should send the whole item. If they select a shortcut and press reply, reply to all or forward then the item will be recalled from the archive. If they open the item from the archive and press reply, reply to all or forward then the item will be recalled from the archive. If they attach the shortcut to a mail message without opening it then the item will not be recalled from the archive and the shortcut will be sent instead