cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Enterprise Vault Licensing

joco_ph
Level 3

Hi,

I have only 200 mailbox on an Exchange 2003.  I only plan  to archive 50 user mailbox.

Can i buy only 50 license ?  

Please advise.

thanks,

Joko

Message Edited by joco_ph on 11-27-2008 01:04 AM
4 REPLIES 4

Steve_C_Blair
Level 4
Employee

Joko,

At a minimum you will need 1 EV server license and 50 end-user licenses. If you plan to do PST migration, or Public Folders you may need licenses for those as well.

Contact https://www4.symantec.com/Vrt/offer?a_id=38821 to get one of the Sales teams to discuss your particular needs with you and get a Symantec authorised reseller involved.

Cheers,

RVD
Level 5
Partner

Hi,

What do you mean with : "you will need 1 EV server license "?

This was the case for pre-EV 7.x versions, not?

As far as I am concerned, Joko only needs to buy 50 user licenses for mailbox archiving.

Please, correct me if I am wrong...

Greetz,

Rudy

Message Edited by Rudy Van Driessche on 11-28-2008 02:07 PM

joco_ph
Level 3

my bad...am located in the philippines and my suppliers are not well verse with the licensing scheme of EV.

i was offered 50 user licenses of  Advance Edition .   will this cover everything?  including pst migration?

thanks for your help.

Steve_C_Blair
Level 4
Employee

Hi Joko,

That would cover everything just fine (apologies for the confusion on server license!) as bundles include a number of things to make ordering easier.

As you're in the Phillipines, the partner can always check with their Symantec Partner Manager in Singapore if there's a problem or question FYI.

Cheers,