cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Enterprise Vault Move Archive feature - moving from Centera

tnt015
Level 3
a question for a EV Product Managers team:

Will Enterprise Vault Move Archive feature support moving from a Centera in any future releases ?
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Andy_Nash
Level 4
Employee
Hi,

Move Mailbox Archive is storage agnostic so you can move/copy mailbox archives from one storage medium to another... when it comes to Centera you should consider that the move will touch every 'object' so will take some time to complete, if your using a mode that has device retention you'll not be able to 'delete' the source archive as the retention time hasn't been met. Also archives that have items on Legal Hold cannot be moved.

Hope this helps...

Regards,
--Andy

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

JesusWept3
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified
Yup you will have to set a new vault store with a partition for the centers and you can thn move within the same site to a differen vault store you won't however benefit from the osis ev provides due to the fact centera handles it's own sis you also won't be able to use partition roll over either but with centeras You shouldn't need it
https://www.linkedin.com/in/alex-allen-turl-07370146

tnt015
Level 3
Let me rephrase my question.

We are currently using Centera. We have almost reached the capacity of Centera.
Our plan is to migrate all the existing emails from the Centera to a CIFS share . We would then decommission the Centera
Symantec told me that this release of "Enterprise Vault Move Archive feature"  does not support moving emails from Centera .

Will "Enterprise Vault Move Archive feature" support moving emails from a Centera in any future releases ? 

MichelZ
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified
Hi there I don't know if it does, but if it doesn't, you might want to have a look at our product archive shuttle: http://www.evtools.net/products/archive-shuttle We might be able to help you there. cheers

cloudficient - EV Migration, creators of EVComplete.

Andy_Nash
Level 4
Employee
Hi,

Move Mailbox Archive is storage agnostic so you can move/copy mailbox archives from one storage medium to another... when it comes to Centera you should consider that the move will touch every 'object' so will take some time to complete, if your using a mode that has device retention you'll not be able to 'delete' the source archive as the retention time hasn't been met. Also archives that have items on Legal Hold cannot be moved.

Hope this helps...

Regards,
--Andy