Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EV 8.0 SP3 - Outlook Add-In not showing Virtual Vault options

ivo_vandenbrand
Level 3
Hello,

I have upgraded my EV 8.0 to SP3.
Also have I changed the desktop policy, for use of the Virtual Vault.

The option "Mave Virtual Vault available to users" is set, and also the required rules for deletion and all.

Now, I have uninstalled the SP2 outlook add-on, and installed the SP3 one on my laptop.
On my desktop PC I didn't use Outlook, so that one received a fresh install of the SP3 Add-On.

Connection to the Exchange and the EV is LAN, so no OWA/RPC.

On both machines the "Virtual Vault" part is not visible in the "vault cache properties".
On the desktop it has nicely started the offline vault cache synch, on my laptop is is already complete.

Anyone who can help me out, and has any ideas what could cause this issue?
As I really would like to check this option to test-run it for a while before we roll-out to all users.

Hope someone has had the same issue before.

Thanks already,
Ivo

3 REPLIES 3

GertjanA
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified
Hi Ivo,

Did you run provisioning, and synced your mailbox?
That might help.

GJ
Regards. Gertjan

ivo_vandenbrand
Level 3

Hey GertjanA,

Yes, I have started the provisioning task many times, and synched mailboxes a lot.

Somehow it doesn't seem to want to push the changed policy to the clients.
No matter what I do, the settings don't get through to the clients.

If a new mailbox is activated and installed on a client, it does get the policy without any problem.

Really can't see why this damn thing doesn't force the changed policy to the clients.

On my laptop I actually manually changed the registry keys to add the VVEnabled key, to get it working.
But this off course is something I prefer to to do on the whole organisation if we decide to rollout the new outlook add-in.

I want the policies to work, but they only seem to get through on new installed client machines or new mailbox enabling.
But on the existing desktop/laptop pc's it simply does not get the updated policy.

Connection to the EV from the client works fine, as it nicely synchs the offline storage.

Ivo

Arjun_Shelke
Level 6
Employee Accredited
Check the Vault Information on client if the Virtual Vault related properties have been populated.

How to check the Vault Info. on Client:

> Open Outlook > Hold Ctrl + Shift and click on any EV Toolbar button > Click on Vault Information tab.

> Send to clipboard and paste in notepad and attach to this forum

Regards,
Arjun Shelke