cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Enterprise Vault Upgrade

margiev
Level 4

During the upgrade of Enterprise Vauly software on the EV server, the upgrade instructions state that you should stop the EV admin service.  Should these services be put in manual or disabled mode? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

JesusWept3
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified
Just stopping them should be enough Typically the way I do it is just let the the installer stop all the services and then go forward It's a bit unnecessary to stop them all yourself If you have multiple EV servers then what I do is RDP to each machine and start the installer on all of them, getting to the point where it asks if I want to stop the services Then when they are all at that point I hit yes to stop the services, then the next server and hit yes and the next and so on and so forth And then by the time I get back to the first server it asks for the reboot so I hit yes to reboot and go through each server That keeps them nice and in sync and makes the upgrade process a lot faster than doing one at a time Plus doing one at a time can result in resource locks that you might not be accounting for Just make sure if you have any monitoring software to disable that so it doesn't attempt to bring the services back online
https://www.linkedin.com/in/alex-allen-turl-07370146

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

TonySterling
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

I always just stop them and don't disable or change the mode.

Rob_Wilcox1
Level 6
Partner

Me too.

Working for cloudficient.com

JesusWept3
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified
Just stopping them should be enough Typically the way I do it is just let the the installer stop all the services and then go forward It's a bit unnecessary to stop them all yourself If you have multiple EV servers then what I do is RDP to each machine and start the installer on all of them, getting to the point where it asks if I want to stop the services Then when they are all at that point I hit yes to stop the services, then the next server and hit yes and the next and so on and so forth And then by the time I get back to the first server it asks for the reboot so I hit yes to reboot and go through each server That keeps them nice and in sync and makes the upgrade process a lot faster than doing one at a time Plus doing one at a time can result in resource locks that you might not be accounting for Just make sure if you have any monitoring software to disable that so it doesn't attempt to bring the services back online
https://www.linkedin.com/in/alex-allen-turl-07370146

TonySterling
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

Great explaination and you bring up a good point about the monitoring software.