cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Enterprise Vault, User's mailbox not manually archiving

JMCBH
Level 3

We are currently using EV 8.04 SP4.

We have a user whose policy is to keep 30% of their mailbox free. When the archiving task runs on schedule no emails are archived. user can still manually archive.

I have zapped the mailbox, disabled and enabled for archiving, symantec has looked at the d trace file and suggested a fix for the registry regarding the dsserver (global catalog). I have run a report on the mailbox and it states there is approx 10K items eligible for archiving.

any ideas?

Thanks in advance

9 REPLIES 9

JesusWept3
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified

any chance of posting a screenshot of your archiving policy for the quota?

https://www.linkedin.com/in/alex-allen-turl-07370146

Rob_Wilcox1
Level 6
Partner

Can you post a screenshot of the target/policy combinations, showing that the user is indeed targetted by a particular target, and also a screenshot of the policy itself?

What is the current size of the mailbox?

What is the current quota settings on the mailbox?

Working for cloudficient.com

JMCBH
Level 3

I have attached the policy settings and the target\policy combination.

I had to increare quota to 1950000, curent size is 1640000

AndrewB
Partner    VIP    Accredited

did increasing the mailbox quota fix your issue? the provisioning group looks funky to me. it should be DOMAIN\group or DOMAIN\user but you have just \group which is odd.

TonySterling
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

I think he has edited out the Domain for the sake of privacy.  :)

JMCBH
Level 3

increasing the mailbox quota allowed user to still recieve emails, his archiving is still not working.

Rob_Wilcox1
Level 6
Partner

Okay, can you first of all do a report mode run, for this one user and post the results?

Does the end user have the full EV client, or the HTTP one?  If full, have a look at their inbox and 'top of the information store' (ie mailbox root) to see if they have set 'do not archive'.  Check also that they have not suspended archiving at the mailbox root level.

Perhaps do a DTRACE filter, to see what is being picked up (or not at the case maybe).

Start a DTRACE of ArchiveTask

type: filter

type: clear both

type: include iseligible

type: exit

type: log c:\tosomefile-somewhere.log

type: mon

Run the archiving task in normal mode for this user, verify that you do get some output in the DTRACE window...  interrupt the DTRACE, and then review the log file which was generated.

Rob_Wilcox1
Level 6
Partner

Was anything else needed on this issue?

E-MC2
Level 3
Partner Accredited

Do you still require assistance on this matter?