cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error creating PST in Discovery Accelerator:

Mike_Dowling
Level 4
Been a while, I'm glad to see a lot of KVS guys here like Walt Wintermute, Lee Allison, and Tony Sterling.

Anyway I am testing on a new DA build, and I keep getting an error while extracting to a PST.

StorageOnline Direct is set to true, and the export runs fine, but fails when trying to package into a PST. Here are the errors:

Event Type:Error
Event Source:EV Discovery Accelerator
Event Category:Server
Event ID:42048
Date:7/13/2006
Time:1:54:05 PM
User:N/A
Computer:***************
Description:
Error:
An error occurred when requesting the PST COM object

Description:
System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException (0x8004010F): Exception from HRESULT: 0x8004010F.
at KVS.EnterpriseVault.Interop.PSTProviderClass.CreatePST(String PSTFileName, String PSTPassword, String PSTDisplayName, UInt32 MaxSizeMb)
at KVS.Accelerator.Production.ProductionRunQueue.get_ThePSTProvider()

Event Type:Error
Event Source:EV Discovery Accelerator
Event Category:Server
Event ID:46964
Date:7/13/2006
Time:1:54:06 PM
User:N/A
Computer:******************
Description:
The description for Event ID ( 46964 ) in Source ( EV Discovery Accelerator ) cannot be found. The local computer may not have the necessary registry information or message DLL files to display messages from a remote computer. The following information is part of the event: Error:
- Error moving MSG to PST for run 'test'l (5)' Number moved: 0

Description:
The EVPSTAPI COM object has not been initialized.Message was edited by:
Mike Dowling
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

TonySterling
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified
Also, check mapisvc.inf, make sure it is the right size.

View solution in original post

14 REPLIES 14

Micah_Wyenn
Level 6
Mike,
What's a dtrace of the discovery processes show?

micah

Lee_Allison
Level 6
Hey Mike, how's life, mate?

First thing to check is the version of EV installed on the DA server. In other words if your DA is not on the EV server, then you have to have EV installed on the DA server. This install can be dead (no svcs started) but it has to be there.

Well, that dead install has to be updated the same as your live EV server, same SP etc. otherwise you can see errors when creating PST's.

Check that first, if your EV server is different from your DA server.

Oh, and I'm an ex-SYMC-guy now. Left to go do some consulting with Dell. :^)

Micah_Wyenn
Level 6
Lee,

Dell is the devil, and you know it. :)

micah

Mike_Dowling
Level 4
I haven't done a D-Trace or set DA to console mode yet, I'm hoping to avoid it if I can. I was kind of hoping someone has seen this before and just be like "ohhh you need to do this"...

The server has a base install of KVS already, just to be certain I re-ran the setup without any issues, it is set up exactly like production which runs fine. But after a re-boot the problem with the PST creation is still there.

I'm O.K. Lee still at Altria doing what I do...

Micah_Wyenn
Level 6
Mike,

grab a dtrace since pst migration errors are thorny. I've seen them manifest in a dozen different ways, and they all had weird fixes to them. Post it up and we'll take a gander.

micah

Micah_Wyenn
Level 6
i fergot to say, be sure to grab a dtrace of the archivetask, storage, etc... not just the pst. :)

Mike_Dowling
Level 4
It's not a PST migration into KVS, what I'm doing is exporting items using Discovery accelerator. In DA you can export items to either:

MSG, PST, or HTML.

I have PST selected using the StorageOnline Direct setting, what this does is extract the items as MSG files and package them on the fly to PST. The extracting to MSG is fine so there is nothing wrong the vault server it is hitting to retrieve these messages, the problem is on the DA server after the extract tries to package the MSG files into a PST. I am running DA on a seperate sever from the KVS server so the best I could do is run DA in Console mode, whihc is probably what my lazy a** should do.

Thanks

TonySterling
hey ya Mike,

Is this the Beta DA 6? If so, probably be a better option hitting up support or whoever is managing that.

Cheers,

Mike_Dowling
Level 4
No it's not 6.0 the versions are below:

KVS Server:

5.0-RG5970

DA Server:

5.0.4-Rg241

What's new? Support is my next stop if I can't get a fix here. I was hoping a shot in the dark someone would be like "that happened to me last week, just register this DLL again" or something.

TonySterling
and you can dtrace on the da for the discovery accelerator service to see what that says as well.

TonySterling
Doing well, back at SYMC in consulting..

Since you are on sp4 first thing i would do is Re-register the EVPSTAPI.DLL on the DA server.

cheers,

TonySterling
Also, check mapisvc.inf, make sure it is the right size.

Mike_Dowling
Level 4
I found the MAPISVC.INF issue of all places in the "installing and configuring guide", clear as day with my exact error. MAPISVC.INF was mismatched from the vault server and the DA server.

TonySterling
I'llll beee!! Imagine such a thing! ;)

Glad you got that sorted.

cheers mate.