cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error "The attempt to connect to the server failed [0xc0045013] - 20491

Adrian_Lowrance
Level 4
I am currently getting the error where users can not recall files from their shortcuts via the file server. The user can will get the error that file is inaccessible or to retry. I was currently on EV 6.0 SP2 and upgrading to SP3 hoping to fix these errors. Still no luck after the upgrade. The error on the file server is Error "The attempt to connect to the server failed . I have rebooted both the EV Server and File Server with no luck. I am eventually able to access the files but it has been different things each time to make them accessible. Once I ran a backup of the sql database for the evfilesystem and then ran the file synch archive permissions against that server and could access them. The last time I changed the file emulation key in the registry back to zero and was able to access the files again. It seems to have been going on for about 3 weeks now. Probably about 3 or 4 times in the last 3 weeks. So its not an every day thing but its more than it should be happening. I am running Windows Server 2003 SP1. Nothing has changed within our EV environment or Server environment in that timeframe.

With the error being "attempt to connect to server failed", I figured that maybe something was down between the two servers. I can ping the EV Server from the File Server and File Server from the EV Server. Both Servers have each other listed in their host files.

Error downloading file: \\?\G:\folder\filename.txt, Url: /download.asp?VaultID=15975101E3B01284FAE4C7316AE4E07DE1110000xxxkvssite&SavesetId=347490000000000~200205172131080000~0~B5D83BB9718A4F3F98DEB1D05FBEAC4&Request=NativeItem&EVHeaders=1
Error The attempt to connect to the server failed

I have also checked and the local intranet sites contain the computer name of the web access application computer and Integrated Windows Authenication is set on th EV Server.
1 REPLY 1

RahulG
Level 6
Employee

Once again verify the host file entries , see if there is some incorrect entries there by mistake .