cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Errors witha few users

James_Slack
Level 6

Hi,

Looking in the event viewer on Vault, I see lots of 3357 errors stating that a user is basically not being provisioned.

I checked the provisioning logs and find this against one of the said users:

01:08:13 2 Americas Resources OU=Resources,DC=americas,DC=menzies,DC=net Default Exchange Mailbox Policy Default Exchange PST Migration Policy CN=Angel Ventura,OU=Named Users,OU=SDQ,OU=Stations,OU=DO,OU=User Region,OU=Resources,DC=americas,DC=menzies,DC=net New mailbox has an existing entry in the Enterprise Vault database '/o=MENZIES/ou=MENZIES-AG/cn=Recipients/cn=Angel.Ventura'. The mailbox GUID does not match the entry in the database.

This is probably because we did a domain migration some time back, but could be anything.

What should I do next?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Mohawk_Marvin
Level 6
Partner

I would suggest you back up the Directory Database, then remove all entries from the ExchangeMailboxEntry table, run the provisioning task to repopulate the table and job done.

If killing all entries seems too extreme you could remove the entries based around the users flagging the 3357 error. But I think it is good housekeeping to sometimes toast the ExchangeMailboxEntry table.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

Mohawk_Marvin
Level 6
Partner

I would suggest you back up the Directory Database, then remove all entries from the ExchangeMailboxEntry table, run the provisioning task to repopulate the table and job done.

If killing all entries seems too extreme you could remove the entries based around the users flagging the 3357 error. But I think it is good housekeeping to sometimes toast the ExchangeMailboxEntry table.

GertjanA
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

Hello James,

You can do 2 things.

After you decided what to use, rerun provisioning.

1 - remove the entry for this user from the Directory database (I believe exchangemailboxentry table)

2 - On each vault server, add registry key 'SynchInMigrationMode'. (set to 1)

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\KVS\Enterprise Vault\Agents 

Dword

0 (Default.) Enterprise Vault does not assign new mailboxes to archives that are associated with the same legacyMbxDN values.

1Makes Enterprise Vault assign new mailboxes to archives that are associated with the same legacyMbxDN values.

2 Creates new entries for the new mailboxes and renames the old entries by adding timestamps to the legacyMbxDN fields.

Content

Specifies whether, when migrating mailboxes from one Exchange Server to another, Enterprise Vault automatically assigns migrated mailboxes to existing archives. SynchInMigrationMode affects only the association between user mailboxes and archives; it does not affect the association between journal mailboxes and their archives.

Regards. Gertjan

James_Slack
Level 6

Thanks for the replies guys... will have a read and look at it.

James_Slack
Level 6

Many thanks to both of you - you were both right so I am sorry I cant mark both as solutuion.

As I had only about 15 users with this, i just deleted the mentioned users and not everyone at this time, though I may take the plunge on the full rebuild soon.

Thanks again both

GertjanA
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

Hi James,

Set the registry key anyway. That will prevent issues in the future, and 'fix' the ones not being fixed by removing them.

Regards. Gertjan