cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Event 41107; presence of SynchInMigrationMode key has no effect

jordanatwork
Level 3

We're running EV 8.0.4.1991.

I'm seeing event 41107, which mentions a mailbox that had been deleted and recreated. I attempted to set the SynchInMigrationMode registry value to "1" as described in http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH54529, but found that there was no "KVS" key under HKLM\Software as referenced in that article.

I did, however, find HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\KVS\Enterprise Vault, although there is only a Deployment Scanner key in there, not an Agents key. Thinking that maybe the article had a typo and the correct location was actually under HKCU instead of HKLM, I added the Agents key and the DWORD as recommended and ran the Provisioning Task in Normal Mode, but the error appeared again.

I then added the entire KVS\Enterprise Vault\Agents key structure as described in the article into HKLM, but I still got the error when the task runs.

Then I thought maybe the Provisioning Task needed to be restarted from within the EV Admin Console before running the task, so I did that. Still no luck.

At present the SynchInMigrationMode is set to 1 in both the HKEY_CURRENT_USER and HKLM locations, but even after restarting the task and running it again, the 41107 error still occurs.

1. Why isn't the registry key in the expected location (in fact, there's no "KVS" hierarchy at all under HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE)?

2. Why doesn't creating the registry value as described in the article fix the problem?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

TonySterling
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

Are you per chance running on a 64-bit OS?

If yes you need to look under

HKLM\SOFTWARE\WOW3264NODE\KVS\Enterprise Vault\Agents\

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

TonySterling
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

Are you per chance running on a 64-bit OS?

If yes you need to look under

HKLM\SOFTWARE\WOW3264NODE\KVS\Enterprise Vault\Agents\

Gonz
Level 5
Employee

Then the right place to search is:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\KVS\EnterpriseVault

jordanatwork
Level 3

Yes, it's 64-bit. Found it...thanks!