cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Event ID 41133

Denis_Methot
Level 4
- The Exchange mailbox provisioning task found enabled mailboxes that are not part of a provisioning group.

As per Symantec doc "http://support.veritas.com/docs/290576" it seem to refer to vaults that are still active but no longer has an Active Directory account or no longer belong to any provisioning groups.

I suspect these are mark in the report "Exchange Provisioning Task Report for <server>.txt" under the section named "Mailboxes on Exchange Server [EXC Server] that have entries in the Enterprise Vault database but which are not in any provisioning group:" as "state = enabled".

This is fine but what about the one's that are mark with "state = new" most of these, at least the one I look at as there are 100's, dont event have a vault and dont have an Active directory account either. I suspect these got added at one time or another by EV to the ExchangeMailboxEntry table and never got removed some how. Is there a tool or a process that remove these from the ExchangeMailboxEntry table when in fact these are not really new mailboxes but old historical entries that never got enable.

Thanks

4 REPLIES 4

MichelZ
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified
Hi Denis

Have you got a solution for this?

Cheers
Michel

cloudficient - EV Migration, creators of EVComplete.

Denis_Methot
Level 4
I did not get any answer on this, I plan to open a call with Symantec support to see if I can get an answer. At this time I'm planning to upgrade to EV 2007 SP1 and if I still get the same thing I will open a call.

Denis

MichelZ
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified
Thanks for the update Denis

We would very appreciate it if you could post the further progress of this to keep us up to date.

Cheers
Michel

cloudficient - EV Migration, creators of EVComplete.

jimbo2
Level 6
Partner
In Version 6.0 SP1 and later, the entries that were not modified in the Exchangemailboxentry table had a 14 day tombstone period. There was a field that specified last updated or something like that.

The below technote is a poorly written tech solution. There seems to be a bit of confusion between EV and AD.
Clearing deleted mailboxes after synchronization

In 6.0, when the synchronization process checked a field in the ExchangeMailboxEntry (I do not remember which field and I do not have access to a 6.0 system but is was something like modified date) anyway, if an ExchangeMailboxEntry was not modified in the past 14 days (which means the mailbox does not exist in AD as far as EV was concerned) then the line in the ExchangeMailboxEntry would be deleted.

You may want to check with support to see if this is still the fact in 7.0 and 7.5. Please post back once you get and answer.

One more thing, Dtracing the provisioning and archive task then running a synchronization may help answer what is going on.

Jim S.