cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Journal Vault Search

Erwin_van_der_L
Level 3
After the upgrade from 6 to 7 sp2 I can't seem to be able to search the Journal Vault anymore.
We've got two Journal Mailboxes (and accounts) with one Journal Vault. The search Page does show Journal Vault as the only one that can be searched by the service account (and it's setup this way, so that's actually good). But searching for specific emails/everything give the error Failed to perform search request.
Any Ideas?
8 REPLIES 8

jimbo2
Level 6
Partner

Do this first:
If my memory serves correct the readme stated that some task may be in error after the upgrade and advised to restart the task. I would restart all services and check the Event log for issues.

Next:
When you search a vault you are really searching the indexes.

Run indexvolumereplay that is listed in the utilities guide and check the status of the Index.

If the index is failed then that does not mean that it is corrupt. Try to do an UPDATE NOT a rebuild.

Jim S.

MichelZ
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified
Erwin

Have you tried the service restarts?
Have you rebstarted the IIS Admin Service, too?

Are there any other Users with the same Problem?

Cheers
Michel

cloudficient - EV Migration, creators of EVComplete.

Erwin_van_der_L
Level 3
Thanks for the suggestions; so far: I did try with that IndexVolumeReplay an Update but it says Failed rebuilding. I also did restart Admin service (which restart the other depending). But still no luck. Ive also tried to give the service account rights with EVPM (and on an individual mailbox this script runs fine) but on the Journal one it sets the rights but I have no opportunity to search. It states directly that it Failed.
Should I try the full rebuild? Or any other suggestions before that (Call Sym. e.g.)

MichelZ
Level 6
Erwin

The failed rebuilding indicates a bad index.
Could you post the whole error?

Or just try to rebuild it, it is most likely the problem.

Cheers
Michel

Erwin_van_der_L
Level 3
the error = volumeid2 (<failed><rebuilding>)..
thx on this sunday.
Erwin

MichelZ
Level 6
;)

Rebuilding the index should work.

Cheers
Michel

Erwin_van_der_L
Level 3
Thx, the rebuild did the trick. It's only the last thing I wanted to do, but anyway thx for all the quick replies and help...
Erwin

MichelZ
Level 6
You're welcome.

In many cases you can do the Index Replay thing Jimbo2 mentioned, but unfortunately not always :(

Cheers
Michel