cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Event ID 7083 - Retreival of saveset failed

Toshkm13
Level 3

have a newJournal partition which is journaling to HCP, over the last week or so I have been experiencing Event ID 7083 in the event LOG,retrieval of saveset failed. "The nework path was not found" I  have looked into this error and it looks like a truncated URL. A root path longer than 37 characters will cause the URL to the item to exceed the column's limit, and the URL will be written truncated. This then stops the saveset from being indexed.

This to me is a bit strange as I have been journaling to the HCP since Dec and this error has only just started to appear in the event log. Has anyone experienced this before? if so did you manage to fix this issue?

Any assistance would be appreciated.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

AndrewB
Partner    VIP    Accredited

i think you're still having the issue because technote says "If items have already been archived with the truncated URLs, then it is necessary to correct the erroneous entries. Please contact Enterprise Vault Technical Support to assist with this procedure."

the workaround might be on going forward but support is going to have to help with the entries that are still referencing the old path. if you feel like it's taking too long or you're not getting anywhere, call back, ask to speak to a duty manager, and escalate your case. also, make sure you're on a version of EV (i posted above) where this issue has been fixed so that you dont find yourself back in this situation after going through all the trouble to resolve it.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

AndrewB

i think this technote covers your issue:

Items stored on Hitachi Content Platform cannot be retrieved by StorageCrawler for indexing

Article:TECH188919  |  Created: 2012-05-16  |  Updated: 2014-08-28  |  Article URL http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH188919

Toshkm13
Level 3

Hi Andrewb,

Sorry for late reply I have been away for a few days. I have read this tech note prior to my origonal post. The route path to where I journal is \\cifs.reparchive.****.****\EV_EVdata\JournalPtn3 this is obviously longer than 37 characters and I have already tried to create a new partition but I am unable to bring this under the 37 due to the restrictions on the HCP..

So just wanted to know if anyone had same problem and if they were able to work around this?

Regards

TonySterling
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

could you create a CNAME alias for the cifs.repararchive.*****.**** and use it?  So it would be \\alias\ev_evdata\journalPTN3

AndrewB

if you refer back to the technote, it has this statement "If items have already been archived with the truncated URLs, then it is necessary to correct the erroneous entries. Please contact Enterprise Vault Technical Support to assist with this procedure."

also, 

This issue has been addressed in the following releases:

Enterprise Vault 9.0.4 Cumulative Hotfix 5 Release
http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH205732

Enterprise Vault 10.0.2 cumulative Hotfix 2 Release
http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH201383

Enterprise Vault 10.0.3 - Release Details
http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH193300

Enterprise Vault 9.0.5 - Release Details
http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH204715

in summary, you need to upgrade to a version where this issue has been fixed and also call support to help you address the database entries in EV that were truncated due to the char issue

Toshkm13
Level 3

Hi Tony,

I created a new CNAME alias and I got the route folder name down to under 20 characters:

\\**\EV_EV\data\JP5

I thought I had solved the issue but unfortunately I am still getting the Event ID 7083 errors so I am now confused as to why this keeps happening. I have checked the PartitionEntry Column in the Enterprise Vault Directory database on SQL Server and the PartitionRootPath is set to (EVPath(nvarchar(255)), not null,  so to me this would suggest there is a 255 character limit set to the target?

I have logged a call with symantec support but to be honest have not had any response back other than the normal can you send in cab file extract and stuff.

If you know of anything else I can maybe check that would be helpful

Regards

AndrewB

i think you're still having the issue because technote says "If items have already been archived with the truncated URLs, then it is necessary to correct the erroneous entries. Please contact Enterprise Vault Technical Support to assist with this procedure."

the workaround might be on going forward but support is going to have to help with the entries that are still referencing the old path. if you feel like it's taking too long or you're not getting anywhere, call back, ask to speak to a duty manager, and escalate your case. also, make sure you're on a version of EV (i posted above) where this issue has been fixed so that you dont find yourself back in this situation after going through all the trouble to resolve it.