cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Evolution Exchange client and EV archived items

ChrisW_2
Level 2
Hi,

I was trying out Evolution (in Ubuntu Linux 7.04 ) using the Exchange connector and noticed that my archived items aren't listed in my folder.

I've done a little bit of hacking of the Evolution source code and found that the WebDAV search terms it uses is:
"DAV:iscollection=false AND DAV:ishidden=false"
If I remove the "ishidden" condition, then the EV stubs are displayed and viewable, along with some non-message items that shouldn't be displayed.

Is there a WebDAV search term that can be used to identify EV stubs for archived messages?
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

TonySterling
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified
As long as your server is set up correctly using the certified software you will be supported. :)

What support would not be able to help you with is if you call in for a client issue and the client is using Evolution, they would most likely ask you if it works using Outlook. If it does then the issue would be with un-certified application and therefore not supported.

I believe we do have a program for folks to develope against our software.  I will check on that and post back with the info.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Rob_Hanson
Level 6
Employee
I would not recommend doing this off your own back.  You may become "unsupported".  I would recommend that you log a support call and discuss the implications with Support.

ChrisW_2
Level 2
I'm aware that Evolution isn't a supported client, and, as it happens, I don't think we have many Evolution users, so it isn't a high priority for us. However, having noticed it (and it seems others have also noticed it) it seems fairly easy to fix, so I just wondered whether there were any published docs along the lines of the Exchange SDK (see e.g. http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms873711.aspx) that would enable the Evolution developers to support your product.

(We're under pressure to support non-Microsoft clients, so the issue with EV URLs not working in Firefox or Opera is important to us; I understand this will be fixed in 7.0 SP2.)

I'm a bit worried by your suggestion of becoming "unsupported". I would have expected only best-efforts help for unsupported clients, but are you suggesting that using unsupported clients means we'll be "unsupported" for problems on the server?

TonySterling
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified
As long as your server is set up correctly using the certified software you will be supported. :)

What support would not be able to help you with is if you call in for a client issue and the client is using Evolution, they would most likely ask you if it works using Outlook. If it does then the issue would be with un-certified application and therefore not supported.

I believe we do have a program for folks to develope against our software.  I will check on that and post back with the info.

Dubs
Level 2

I too use evolution... noticed that there has not been any activity  -- any updates on using evolution with a "vaulted" exchange server?