cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Exporting partition data

EVGuy
Level 4

I'm trying to find out if this is possible. I have a Vault that has two partitions. The first partition is on Centera and is closed. The second is on NTFS and is the current open partition. We are doing mailbox archiving.

Is there any way to export the data from the Centera partition into the NTFS partition? Doing a move archive would require an additional Vault and partition, and even if I could do it that way it would wind up moving all the data (Centera and NTFS) and we want to continue writing data to the NTFS partition.

The end goal is to decommission the Centera but I have no idea how I can get this data moved/copied to the current open NTFS partition. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

TonySterling
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

This came up in the past and basically you would have do some sort of archive move, either with move archive or a partner tool like Archive Shuttle.

I can't think of a way around creating a new Vault Store and Partition.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

TonySterling
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

This came up in the past and basically you would have do some sort of archive move, either with move archive or a partner tool like Archive Shuttle.

I can't think of a way around creating a new Vault Store and Partition.

EVGuy
Level 4

Yeah I checked both of those out, they both involve using a new archive or a new vault store which in this case won't work.

Simon_B_
Level 6
Partner Accredited

Well you could (provided that you have enough free space) create a new Vault Store/Partition on the Device hosting the NTFS volume and move ALL data (old NTFS + Centera) via "move archive" over to this Volume. This is the only option which comes to my mind. 

EVGuy
Level 4

That did come up but there's like 12TB of Centera data alone. It's not going to be fun moving that, let alone having to take the rest of the data around the block with it just to get the move done.  :)