Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hanging when enabling mailboxes for archiving

fuadsm
Level 3
Dear All,
Does any one have an idea about the following problem:
I have two exchange servers for archiving: ex1 and ex2. However, I am logged in with the service account for EV to the EV server and I can enable mailboxes from ex2 but I cannot do that with ex1.

The vault service account is a local administrator on both servers and has full security permissions on both servers including 'send as' and 'receive as' and has its mailbox on ex1. I tried with the second account that has mailbox on ex2 and assigned local administration on ex1 and ex2 and 'send/recieve as' as well as "Power Administrator" and "Exchange administrator" roles in EV and still the same problem.

When I try to enable mailboxes manually using the EV service account, the console hangs. It does not give errors in the event viewer.
Note that the provisioning task is working OK and I don't face anyproblem with it.

If you have any idea please reply,

Best Regards,
Fuad
4 REPLIES 4

MichelZ
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified
And there is no error whatsoever?

Could you try to do this via EVPM Script?
Maybe you get some better error message there...

Regards
Michel

cloudficient - EV Migration, creators of EVComplete.

Carroll_EMC
Not applicable
We're having a simular problem. We've installed and configured Symantec Enterprise Vault and there are no errors in the event log. When trying to enable mailboxes for archiving, we can select from the list of mailboxes, but when trying to enable them the console freezes. We've let it sit for 10 minutes and it stays the same until the console task is ended. Does anybody have a solution to this?

Thank you,
IT Support
Carroll EMC

Mushroom
Not applicable
I have the same setup  - 2 Exch & 1 EVLT . Exch2 could Archive manually fine but Exch1 would hang. I let it sit for a couple of hours and I found no errors in the logs.
I set the Automatically enable Mailboxes in the Provisioning Group Properties and reran the task on the Exch1. After an hour all the mailboxes had been archived. I removed the check mark and I can now manually add mailboxes.

Maquiladoras
Level 4
Employee
Normally when seeing this issue it tends to be a Global Catalog issue or System Mailbox issue.
It's best practice to use the SMTP format address of the system mailbox, its technoted here:

Also you should try using the Closest GC Registry key on the server also as this is considered best practice