cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I collect 50 pst's per day using the "pst Collector Task?

Tacobell
Level 4

Hello,

I'm running EV 2007. I have about 1 terabyte of pst's to ingest. I've configured a "PST Locator Task" last week and the personal store management window found all the computers on the network. I would like to run the "PST Collector Task" in small batches..say 50 computers per day. This way users will still like me. How can i do this?

How can I collect 50 pst's per day using the "pst Collector Task?

Tacobell

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

DRHarrison
Level 3
Partner

take in to account I'm new at this, but for server locate/collect/migrate, you can set the properties for each file found by the locator task to "Do not migrate". Keeping only the ones you want to import as the Ready to Copy or Ready to Migrate status.

You can also set the properties of each server/pc found to not be searched during the locator task process.

Both are in the Personal Store Management section.

In the Computers section, right click on the computer you want to disable searching on, Properties, and uncheck the  "Search this computer when the PST locator task runs" setting.

For files, in the Files section, right click on the file or files (they must have the Ready to Copy or Ready to Migrate status), select Properties, then select the Do Not Migrate in the Migration list box.

You can also create scripted PST imports that can specify the PSTs you want to import, but I haven't tried that approach.

Message Edited by DRHarrison on 09-17-2008 12:52 PM

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

DRHarrison
Level 3
Partner

In the properties of the Collector Task, Settings tab, there should be a Maximum Number of PSTs to be Collected text box where you can set the # of PSTs to collect. Apply, and you may have to restart the task.

This is with EV 7.5

Tacobell
Level 4

Thank you. Is there a way to control which pst's are migrated. Say I want to collect 50 pst's today and I configure the collector task to do this. Will the software collect 50 pst at random on the network or will it collect 50 pst's of users who are in the provisionnig group?

Tacobell

DRHarrison
Level 3
Partner

take in to account I'm new at this, but for server locate/collect/migrate, you can set the properties for each file found by the locator task to "Do not migrate". Keeping only the ones you want to import as the Ready to Copy or Ready to Migrate status.

You can also set the properties of each server/pc found to not be searched during the locator task process.

Both are in the Personal Store Management section.

In the Computers section, right click on the computer you want to disable searching on, Properties, and uncheck the  "Search this computer when the PST locator task runs" setting.

For files, in the Files section, right click on the file or files (they must have the Ready to Copy or Ready to Migrate status), select Properties, then select the Do Not Migrate in the Migration list box.

You can also create scripted PST imports that can specify the PSTs you want to import, but I haven't tried that approach.

Message Edited by DRHarrison on 09-17-2008 12:52 PM