cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to add additional EV services to configured EV server?

Sani_B
Level 6
Partner Accredited

Hi,

I have an EV environmeant that has 3 EV servers in 1 site. EV1 was the first one and has been handling all the indexing and stroraging. 2 more EV servers, EV2 and EV3 was added to the environment. Now how ever I noticed that the additional EV servers only has these services installed:

Enterprise Vault Admin Service, Enterprise Vault Directory Service and Enterprise Vault Task controller Service.

If I'm not mistaken every EV server has to have also the Shopping service installed, correct?

Since the EV1 is still handling all the indexing and storaging the other services are not needed, right?

Now how do I add the Shopping service to these already configured EV2 and EV3? Or is a new "clean installation" necessary?

Sani B.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

AmolB
Employee Accredited Certified

Now how do I add the Shopping service to these already configured EV2 and EV3? Or is a new "clean installation" necessary?

To add services open Admin Console, expand EV2 and EV3 servers -> Right click on Services ->

New -> Service.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

AmolB

To add services open Admin Console, expand EV2 and EV3 servers -> Right click on Services ->

New -> Service.

Sani_B
Level 6
Partner Accredited

Wow, that easy! Thanks AmolB!

Can you also verify that there is no need to add the storage service too when the EV 1 is supposed to handle the storaging?

Sani B.

AmolB

I would suggest you to read below article on EV services and tasks.

https://www.veritas.com/support/en_US/article.000046828

Sani_B
Level 6
Partner Accredited

I actually have, that's the article where I saw that the shopping service should be on each EV server.

I just hate that the "See how to..." links in the article is not working. All I get is either a blank page or http 403 error that suggests I should be logged on - when I am... This transition from symantec to veritas site is not going too well with the knowledge base... in my opinion...

Sani B.

WiTSend
Level 6
Partner

What is the purpose of the two additional servers?  If you are trying to spread the load, or increase capacity you need to look at the Indexing and Storage services, Index locations, Vault Store, etc to determine how best to utilize the additional servers.  In general, it is most efficient that each EV server use it's own Indexing and Storage services to service the users on that server.   Again, it depends on what you want the additional servers to do.  Indexing and Storage are the two most "busy" services.