cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to install EV 2010 SP3

Tommy_T
Level 2

Hi,

I have installed currently EV for Exchange 10.0.1.1171.

I have had ongoing intermittant issues with backing up EV (another story itself!) but one of the tech guys recomended I upgrade to SP that deals with some backup isses. I would like to do this, but cant find any insrtuctions on the syantec website.

I assue that I download 10.0.3 from file connect, but there are two issues with that:

1. When I check the box for 10.0.3 and then hit download, a new window opens as expected, but redirects to: http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/java/index.html Clearly there is some kind of issue with file connect currently as I have tried several browsers and tyhe window that opens is a fixed size like previous successful downloads, but its clearly the wrong URL.

2. I dont want to attempt the upgrade without documantation on our production systems for obvious reasons.

Any official advice would be great as I have had a horrible time recently with all the issues, and the long drawn out troubleshooting process.

Many thanks,

Tom.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Rob_Wilcox1
Level 6
Partner

Your best bet then is to:

* Close your browsers

* Open a new one

* Install the Java runtime component

* Go back to FileConnect

Then it will work.

In the meantime, the documentation, which comes with the media is also available here:

http://www.symantec.com/business/support/index?page=content&id=DOC6040

Working for cloudficient.com

View solution in original post

13 REPLIES 13

Rob_Wilcox1
Level 6
Partner

I would suggest contacting Customer Care, and asking them about the link.

For what it's worth, it's probably redirecting you to Oracle, because the 'new' downloader needs a Java runtime.

Tommy_T
Level 2

Thanks Rob.

The redirect to oracle was because I didnt have Java installed, but the fixed window that opens is impossible to download Java from as you cannot scroll due to the 'fixed size' window that opens.

I would have thought that there would be some instructions on the website relating to upgrading EV to SP3 but I have scoured it and there is nothing.

Surely I cant be the only person wanting to patch up to the latest version to address issues I am experiencing?

Tom.

Rob_Wilcox1
Level 6
Partner

Your best bet then is to:

* Close your browsers

* Open a new one

* Install the Java runtime component

* Go back to FileConnect

Then it will work.

In the meantime, the documentation, which comes with the media is also available here:

http://www.symantec.com/business/support/index?page=content&id=DOC6040

MichelZ
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified

You can also choose to download through HTTP and not through the Download Manager (which requires Java).
It's on the same page where you can chose which file(s) to download

cloudficient - EV Migration, creators of EVComplete.

AndrewB
Partner    VIP    Accredited

it used to be but it wasnt there last friday when i had to download EV 10 SP3 at a customer site.

MichelZ
Level 6

You are right, it looks like they redesigned FileConnect, I cannot see any option to download without the Download Manager now...   :(   argh!!!!  Java should be banned from the browser!!! :(

Tommy_T
Level 2

Thanks guys - I just bit the bullet and installed Java .

Just a bit lame that it redirects to the Java site but in a window restricted in size that prevents you from installing Java! - Maybe a 'you need java' message would have been more appropriate.

Rob - thanks for the link to the documentation. I will digest and upgrade.

Should have been able to search the site for this though at the end of the day.

Thanks all.

Tom.

Rob_Wilcox1
Level 6
Partner

For sure!

Rob_Wilcox1
Level 6
Partner

Tom -> Glad to help.

And yes you should be able to find stuff like this more easily.

Trafford
Level 4
Partner Accredited

You can find the docs in the 10.0.3 download.

Open the file with an iso mounter or archiver, go to the EV xxxx folder\documentation\language\adminguides\

I always copy these out to my workstation for ready availability and reference.

THere is a separate upgrade guide covering the procedures.

It is also highly recommended to go through the release notes to ensure there are no issues which affect your site. Search "10.0.3 release notes" on the KB.

Good Luck

BMoro
Level 2

I would say it's very lame to redirect to Oracle web site. It's quite outrageous, I don't want to install Java on a server machine; I don't think it's a wise choice for a security company, like Symantec, to force its clients to install Java just to download an install package.

After contacting Customer support I got the address of the old Fileconnect web site:

https://fileconnect1.symantec.com

MichelZ
Level 6

Nice one, thanks BMoro!

BMoro
Level 2

You're welcome! :)