cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IMAP access to archived mail

sandrine_goetha
   VIP   

Hello,

As the question is coming my way, I configured my account for IAP on the EV servers and opened it in Outlook via IMAP.

I can see in  all folders some mails appear as unread ( which is theoretically impossible as we do not archive unread items).Can any of you explain me where it comes from and what I can do to avoid this behaviour ?

I would also like to know how I can be sure the IMAP connections are read-only ( for diverse reasons we don't allow users to manipulate the archive,they can only read and search)and I would hate if just because of the imap client this would happen on the servers.

I'm using ev11.0.1 CH5 for exchange on windows 2012 SP2 as  clients we have all clients which ever exited on all platforms : we are an University and people like to try

Thank you for your help

Sandrine

3 REPLIES 3

VirgilDobos
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

Hi Sandrine,

Have you considered the possibility that the policy was originally set to also archive unread emails? Never faced this kind of issue so far.

As far as I know, if you do not allow deletion at the site level, a user cannot delete items via IMAP access. Also, have a look on the client specific behaviour TN here: https://www.veritas.com/support/en_US/article.100040609

--Virgil

sandrine_goetha
   VIP   

Hi virgil,

Thanks for the quick answer.

And no I din't consider this because I was the one administrating the EV environment and servers since the beginning and I never ever allowed unread items to be archived.

Thank you for the doc's they will be usefull for the users.

Sandrine

VirgilDobos
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

You're are welcome.

Regarding the unread emails behaviour, you may log a case if you notice it happens for other users as well.

--Virgil