cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Import NSF archive to Exchange eVault archive

MichelDeschenes
Level 3
Hi,

We recently bought licences for eVault 8.0.

I managed to create all the targets and policies and can successfully archive our Exchange mailboxes.

We have just migrated from Lotus Domino to Microsoft Exchange and wish to grab all the local NSF archives and import them into eVault.

Is it possible to do so?

Thanks,

Michel
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MichelDeschenes
Level 3
So after a lot of research, I concluded that it's impossible to do a direct import of a local NSF archive to an eVault Exchange archive.

I have never seen a solution for this issue so here is what I did.

Microsoft transport has a built-in NSF archive import tool. So first you need to import the NSF archive into a Exchange mailbox.

Once that's done, simply provision that new mailbox in eVault and run the Exchange archiving task on that mailbox (if it's an actual user that's already provisionned, simply run the archive task).

Hope this helps any others who have encountered the same problem I dealt with.

Michel

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Maverik
Level 6
From a licensing perspective I do not know if you would need the domino license stuff for this. 

However from a technical perspective there is a NSF migrator utility and this is described on page 299 onwards in the administrators guide available from http://support.vertitas.com and follow the links to ev and documentation.

Hope this helps.

MichelDeschenes
Level 3
Hi The Don,

Thanks for the reply.

However the link you've given me appears to be dead.

I do have the NSF migrator installed. But when I try import a NSF archive it needs to done into a Domino archive. I want to import it directly to a Exchange archive.

Thanks,

Michel

MichelDeschenes
Level 3
So after a lot of research, I concluded that it's impossible to do a direct import of a local NSF archive to an eVault Exchange archive.

I have never seen a solution for this issue so here is what I did.

Microsoft transport has a built-in NSF archive import tool. So first you need to import the NSF archive into a Exchange mailbox.

Once that's done, simply provision that new mailbox in eVault and run the Exchange archiving task on that mailbox (if it's an actual user that's already provisionned, simply run the archive task).

Hope this helps any others who have encountered the same problem I dealt with.

Michel