Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is EV 11.0.1 supported on Windows Storage Server 2012

Fremont
Level 5
Partner Accredited

Hi Guys,

Having issues with installing EV 11.0.1 on Windows 2012:

Setup has found that the following required windows features are not enabled.

AS-TCP-Activation

AS-Named-Pipes

When I click on the Enable features button it errors out saying it can't find them.

I looked everywhere in the add features but can't find them.

Just found out that this is Windows STORAGE Server 2012, which does not have the Application Server role.  Wondering if that's the issue.

The Compatibilty Guide mentions that older verions of Windows Storage Server (2003, 2008) were not supported.  But it does not say anything about 2012.

Does anyone know if we can insatall EV 11.0.1 on Windows Storage Server 2012 at all? 

Thanks,

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Fremont
Level 5
Partner Accredited

After further checking I can confirm that those 2 components are part of the Application Server role, which is not available to add as a role if the server is a Storage server.

I think Symantec should add Storage 2012 server as not supported like it does for the older versions (2003, 2008).

Thanks,

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Aziz_K
Level 3
Partner Accredited

Hello Fremont, I ran into this same issue, you need to add this feature in through Add Roles and Feature section of Windows 2012.  

Good Luck.

Fremont
Level 5
Partner Accredited

Thanks Aziz.  Did you install on 2012 Storage server?  I can't seem to find those 2 features on this version of windows 2012.

Fremont
Level 5
Partner Accredited

After further checking I can confirm that those 2 components are part of the Application Server role, which is not available to add as a role if the server is a Storage server.

I think Symantec should add Storage 2012 server as not supported like it does for the older versions (2003, 2008).

Thanks,

Aziz_K
Level 3
Partner Accredited

You are correct!