cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is there any way to create optional retention categories in Outlook2010?

PetBert
Level 3
Partner

Hi everybody, we use EV8.0 SP5 with Outlook 2003 and that works fine.

But now it is in pilot to install Windows7 and Outlook 2010.

Well, already installed EV9.01 Outlook AddIn and I can see the buttons and archiving seems to work fine.

But now the fine tuning is bringing up some difficulties.

In our Outlook2003 environment users can choose between 2 retention categories, 6 and 10 years for manually archiving. I am wondering if there is any way to make this also available in Outlook 2010.

I found that with EVPM the properties for folders can be defined. But that is not what I want. It is essential that the user can choose the retention category after clickng on the save to Vault button.

Is there any chance to realize this functionallity?

Thanks a lot for your help!

3 REPLIES 3

JesusWept3
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified

it's being worked on currently, however the Outlook 2010 client is HTTP only for the moment which does not support the ability to change things like retention categories, that is only available in the full DCOM/RPC client for the moment and that is only available for 2007 and 2003

It is being worked on currently however , not sure what kind of ETA to be expect though

https://www.linkedin.com/in/alex-allen-turl-07370146

PetBert
Level 3
Partner

Is there any way to do some customizations at folder properties, which give the user the ability to choose between different options?

Or is the only way to use EVPM to define the folder properties without giving the user any choice?

Mohawk_Marvin
Level 6
Partner

The user gets no choice with the HTTP add in. You owuld have to have folders set with differing retentions (EVPM) to achieve this.