cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Isilon Archiving as a source target

AvinashP
Level 3

I am currently using a netapp device as a source target for FSA and archiving it to a centera, but need to find out if placeholders are supported on an isilon as a source target in the same manner? internet shortcuts are purely not an option

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MichelZ
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified

Isilon is NOT supported.
You can place a Windows Server in front of it to make it work.

This is from a partner mailing list from yesterday from Darren:

"Placeholders can not be moved on to Isilon. Isilon is not a supported platform for placeholders. Only Internet shortcuts will work on there. So you cannot use fsautility for placeholder migration. "

Cheers
Michel

cloudficient - EV Migration, creators of EVComplete.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

JesusWept3
Level 6
You may want to try pinging Darren Locke on the forum, as he is the PM for FSA
https://www.linkedin.com/in/alex-allen-turl-07370146

MichelZ
Level 6

Isilon is NOT supported.
You can place a Windows Server in front of it to make it work.

This is from a partner mailing list from yesterday from Darren:

"Placeholders can not be moved on to Isilon. Isilon is not a supported platform for placeholders. Only Internet shortcuts will work on there. So you cannot use fsautility for placeholder migration. "

Cheers
Michel

cloudficient - EV Migration, creators of EVComplete.

A_J1
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

yep MichelZ is right...

Prone2Typos
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

Hey OP.

We saw this issue hash out on another forum and the answer MichelZ gave is proper. If you ahve other quesitons or concerns related to this than please let us know. If not can you flag this as resolved so that people trying to help can direct their attention to those that require it.

An interesting side note about internet shortcuts for placeholders that I had not thought about until this topic came up... If you end up using them it is important to ensure you users are aware that saving the file will likely go to their local temp directory and not the source where the interenet shortcut originated. Very logical... totally escaped me when thinking about these and I can see that causing issues for some.