cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Items being journaled and cleared out of mailbox but not found in search

NJBird1427
Level 3

We are running EV 10 and use a journaling mailbox. Today I noticed in searching the journal archive that I cannot retrieve anything after Friday (7-5-13). Items are being sent to and "swept" from the journal mailbox albeit more slowly than normal. We are current to date if not time. I have a backlog in the journal mailbox back to approximately 1:30pm today when normally I should see nothing older than 5 or 6 minutes. I have restarted the server and searched the logs and I can't see any problems. I would appreciate assistance on troubleshooting this. Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

TonySterling
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

Not the vault stores, the index locations.  Look on the properties of the indexing service.

If all is online you need to check for failed indexes.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

TonySterling

You should make sure your index locations are not in backup mode and checked for any failed indexes.

If you can't find items in search Indexing is where you should focus next.

HTH,

NJBird1427
Level 3

They are not in backup mode. I have already checked those and the vault store groups. All are open and not in backup mode. 

TonySterling

Not the vault stores, the index locations.  Look on the properties of the indexing service.

If all is online you need to check for failed indexes.

Arjun_Shelke
Level 6
Employee Accredited

There might be 2 different issues, slow/failed indexing and slow/failed archiving. If emails are not archived then they will not be indexed.

Can you check the message class of emails remain in your journal mailbox? Are they pending part messages?

About Indexing, check the status of index volumes for that journal archive. Do they look good?

Do you see any items stuck MSMQ? Best way is to take DTrace of JournalTask and StorageArchive to see whats happening with the emails remain in mailbox.