cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Journal Mailbox not being scanned

raffi
Level 0
Partner

We have a couple of critical alerts. There were some changes made to the system but I'm not certain exactly what.  

Basically we haven't been archiving the journal mailbox for over 30 days and the mailbox store either (but that one is minor since is lightly used).

"Mail is not being archived from the journal mailbox. There is likely to be a build up of unarchived mail. The unarchived mail cannot be searched for regulatory compliance requirements purposes.

The problem is most likely to be that Enterprise Vault cannot access Exchange Server or the journal mailbox."

I followed the instructions for the "How To Fix" article, but none apply.

The Vault service account that the task runs under can access the journal mailbox (when I test using OWA) so it doesn't seem to be a permission problem. the Vault Store is also not in backup mode.

I've manually restarted the task.

I am running version 11.0.1.3362

3 REPLIES 3

dcVAST
Level 5
Partner Accredited

Any issues with the System Mailbox specified on the Settings tab of the Journaling Task? Are you able to synchronize the Journal mailbox?

Have you tried re-creating the Task and Journal target?

JimmyNeutron
Level 6
Partner Accredited

Do you have Outlook installed on the EV server with atleast a profile created?

AndrewB
Partner    VIP    Accredited

What you might do for starters is create a new journal mailbox in Exchange and set it to be archived by EV to get your steady state going and keep journal data flowing. Then you can go back and deal with the backlog in the journal mailbox which would be static and easier to target and troubleshoot without the constant influx of new emails all the time.