cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

JournalDelay=0 registry setting doesn't work.

zubkoff_s
Level 4
Certified

Hello everybody. Usually I work in test environment, and I want to reach final result (archived email) as soon as possible. As you probably know that EV provides some delay (by default: 5 minutes) between phase when message was marked to acrhive and archiving at all. Symantec provides a solution how to decrease this time to 0, for example (in case if you have some general issue, or don't want to wait 5 min in test environment). http://www.symantec.com/business/support/index?page=content&id=TECH61066

So, I create new registry entry on all EV servers, restarted services\archiving task, but looks like EV doesnt' see JournalDelay registry key.

EV: 9.0.2

Exchange: 2010SP3.

--

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\KVS\Enterprise Vault\Agents] "JournalDelay"=dword:00000000

--

Dtrace:

106 16:23:24.395 [7868] (JournalTask) <6176> EV:M (null) - JournalDelay key not found using default period

424 16:23:25.191 [7868] (JournalTask) <6176> EV:M CJournalPart::AdjustTimeForDelayPeriod - JournalDelay set to 0 Hours 5 Minutes

--

Sure, emails are archived from Journal Mailbox as usually, with 5 min delay.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

TonySterling
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

What is the EV Server OS?  If it is 64-bit the registry key needs to go under the Wow6432Node in the registry

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Wow6432Node\KVS\Enterprise Vault\Agents

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

TonySterling
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

What is the EV Server OS?  If it is 64-bit the registry key needs to go under the Wow6432Node in the registry

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Wow6432Node\KVS\Enterprise Vault\Agents

zubkoff_s
Level 4
Certified

I saw a tons of articles about this registry key, but I've never met any mentions that this key depends on OS?

Yeah, it is x64. Thanks, Tony.

JesusWept3
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified
I'm pretty sure honestly that two minutes is the minimum, if you set it below 2 then it changes back to 5
https://www.linkedin.com/in/alex-allen-turl-07370146