cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MS06-019 Hotfix Question

Chad_Petrie_2
Level 4
Does anyone know if the new Exchange hotfix will effect the Evault service acct? Anything I should keep in mind/verify before/after installing this hotfix?

Currently I am only journalling mailboxes.
5 REPLIES 5

Jason_Szeto
Level 6
I heard the new Exchange hotfix may affect OWA since it installs new control files. Since you're journaling, I haven't heard anything that would affect you.

Mattia_Braga
Not applicable
The new hotfix change the store.exe of Exchange.

Now , the Send As permission must be granted to the service account on each user object or Active Directory object that owns a mailbox.
You cannot grant the Send As permission on an Exchange server or on a database object and achieve the effect of granting the Send As permission for all mailboxes in the database.

I think create a problem for Enterprise Vault Account.

Have someone install this Hotfix? Problem?

Thanks

Sue_Moss
Level 3
I could be wrong, but I wouldn't think the patch would affect the EV service account. It only needs to be able to read the mailboxes, it doesn't impersonate the mailbox owner for anything that I'm aware of.

Sue

Scott_Anderso1
Level 4
Installed the hotfix last week. No problems to date.

Since the store.exe was updated with the explicit send as, we had to make sure the BES service account had the explicit send as permission to all of the user accounts.

Didn't have to change anything in Enterprise Vault.

Logan_Sutterfie
Level 4
Accredited
Chad,

This particular hotfix only affects the store.exe, thereforw should not affect the EV setup for OWA.

Logan