cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Manual Archive/restore - HTTP request error: 314 (503)

NJC
Level 3

Hi All,

First post for a while..

Recently migrated from one EV 8 sp4 server to another (W2K3x86 > W2K8x64), re-juggling the vault store location and indexing path and I've hit on a problem manually archiving/retoring items. It may be indicative of a larger problem but seeing as I can retrieve items ok, I'm thinking it's a config missing or permissions?

My steps were:

Stop Enterprise Vault Task on old server
Confirm MSMQs are empty
Stop Enterprise Vault services on old server
Copy and confirm Vault Stores and Index matches on old and new
Update internal DNS records to new server
Export Oldserver\HKLM\Software\KVS\Enterprise Vault\Storage registry key
Confirm registry keys exist as per MS best practices on new

SQL Enterprise Vault Server changeover:
SQL Update: EnterpriseVaultDirectory\ComputerEntry\ComputerNameAlternate updated to new server

SQL Indexing and Shopping path changes:
SQL Update: EnterpriseVaultDirectory\IndexRootPathEntry\IndexRootPath updated to newpath
SQL Update: EnterpriseVaultDirectory\ShoppingServiceEntry\ShoppingRootPath updated to newpath

SQL Mailbox Partition path changes:
SQL Update: EnterpriseVaultDirectory\PartitionEntry\PartitionRootPath\ pathtooldmailboxstore1 updated to newpath
SQL Update: EnterpriseVaultDirectory\PartitionEntry\PartitionRootPath\ pathtooldmailboxstore2 updated to newpath

Import registry key from earlier into new server: Ensure String ConverterSandboxPath remains as  C:\Program Files (x86)\Enterprise Vault\EVConverterSandbox.exe
Clear Directory Database entries using SQL Query Analyzer from technote
Begin Enterprise Vault Configuration as if new installation – enter SQL server information. Enterprise Vault will begin a repair and point the newserver database service point to the new server.
Confirm the EV Admin and Directory Services are running

===

When I retrieve the items (with add-in installed) from outlook it's ok. Following the stub link also works ok. However, manual archive/restore presents an error:

Could not process selected items. reason: Enterprise Vault is currently unavailable.

And the Client logs show:
Version:1.0 StartHTML:0000000149 EndHTML:0000000699 StartFragment:0000000199 EndFragment:0000000665 StartSelection:0000000199 EndSelection:0000000665 ~DesktopCommon::GetIELanguageHeader: 0x0
02/08/2010 22:59:07.714[5280]: HTTP request error: 314 (503)
02/08/2010 22:59:07.715[5280]: Connect failed, unmarking items: 0x80004005
02/08/2010 22:59:07.715[5280]: CHTTPRequest::UnmarkItems: 0x0
02/08/2010 22:59:09.298[5280]: ~CHTTPRequest::UnmarkItems: 0x0
02/08/2010 22:59:09.298[5280]: ::~CInternetReconnect

I saw a similar post to this relating to the 314 (503) error but DCOM is configured on my W2K8 server.

Any pointers, ideas, thoughts?

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

JesusWept3
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified
you could try deleting the Storage Service and recreating it as well as deleting the Tasks and re-creating those too
https://www.linkedin.com/in/alex-allen-turl-07370146

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9

RahulG
Level 6
Employee
refer http://support.veritas.com/docs/295644
Have fixes the similar issue by Reinstall of EV binaries

Mojorsn
Level 5
I assume you are using the HTTP client?

I had the exact same problem and my issue turned out to be DCOM permissions.

I added anonymous logon permissions to the DCOM GP settings on the EV server.
        Open GPEdit.msc on the EV server
        Navigate to Windows Settings > Security Settings > Local Policies > Security Options.
        Added ANONYMOUS LOGON account to the following:
        DCOM: Machine Access Restrictions
        DCOM: Machine Launch Restrictions

Give that a shot and let us know the outcome.

Tom

NJC
Level 3

Tom,

Thanks for the suggestion - unfortunately, that didn't work for me.

I have just noticed that an event is logged in Event Viewer:

Log Name:      Symantec Enterprise Vault
Source:        Enterprise Vault
Date:          03/08/2010 16:11:33
Event ID:      2304
Task Category: Agent Client Broker
Level:         Error
Keywords:      Classic
User:          N/A
Computer:      <removed>
Description:
Failed to lookup Message Queue name for the Retrieval Agent in the Directory Service on computer <removed>

Possible Reasons:
1. Failed to connect to the Directory Service
2. Failed to find Task entry : 139F48BC24B73B9489DB6A7D1E4E758E81012000vault

So this would indicate a MSMQ problem - the queues are empyt (0), so could I recreate them/check permissions etc?

Thanks again,
NJC

JesusWept3
Level 6

run a Update Service Locations and you should be ok, so in the Vault Admin Console, right click Enterprise Vault Servers and click Update Service Locations
the issue is that the EV Servers MSMQ's are specified by NETBIOS names and not by the Aliases, so if you were to go through the service entry tables you'd find the Queue names are incorrect

NJC
Level 3
Hi JesusWept2,

Thanks for the suggestion however the option to USL from the console is not apparently available in EV8 sp4 - I think it is only available up to EV8 sp3.

Or has it just moved..?

NJC

Mohawk_Marvin
Level 6
Partner
It should still be available, just right the "Enterprise Vault Servers" container and run it from there. You need to be logged in as the VSA though.

NJC
Level 3

I hadn't realised I wan't logged in as the VSA, however after running the USL it still results in the problem of not being abe to restore. I think there's a mismatch between the settings of the new EV server and a SQL table - though I'm not sure exactly which..

My event log references the following:
Failed to lookup Message Queue name for the Retrieval Agent in the Directory Service on computer <removed>

Possible Reasons:
1. Failed to connect to the Directory Service
2. Failed to find Task entry : 139F48BC24B73B9489DB6A7D1E4E758E81012000vault 

I have the following registry key (imported from the old server) for ServiceID:
1A7734C88780B3249B80F9F38BC23DDDE1e10000vault

Hazarding a guess at which table it might reference (dbo.StorageServiceEntry..)
ServiceEntryID 1A7734C88780B3249B80F9F38BC23DDDE1e10000vault

But I could be completely wrong.. and I don't want to change table entries quite yet...

Thanks

JesusWept3
Level 6
you could try deleting the Storage Service and recreating it as well as deleting the Tasks and re-creating those too

NJC
Level 3

JesusWept2,

Recreating the Archiving Task succeeded. I can now restore items. I think that covers it for the moment - thank you for all the suggestions, Team Connect.

NJC