cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Migrating from On-Prem EV v10 to EV.cloud vs. Office 365 archiving ?

John_Santana
Level 6

People,

Can anyone here please share your thoughts and comments regarding migrating approximately ~10 TB archived email from On Premise Enterprise Vault v10 to EV.Cloud or Office 365 cloud ?

What are the caveats and the pitfalls or comparison in between those two cloud offering ?

Thanks

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions

Rob_Wilcox1
Level 6
Partner

I'm slightly biased, but, you should use a third party product like Archive Shuttle.  Things to consider are: what are you going to do with your leavers? Your journal archive? How are you going to manage the bandwidth usage to the cloud during the migration? And more...

Working for cloudficient.com

View solution in original post

GertjanA
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

I'm slightly biased too, you should use Archive Shuttle to move the archives. I would go for EV.Cloud, but I have no real life experience with this. Using QT Archive Shuttle will assist in moving the data safe and secure to either one.

Your Veritas account manager should be able to better showcase EV.Cloud vs O365

Regards. Gertjan

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9

Rob_Wilcox1
Level 6
Partner

I'm slightly biased, but, you should use a third party product like Archive Shuttle.  Things to consider are: what are you going to do with your leavers? Your journal archive? How are you going to manage the bandwidth usage to the cloud during the migration? And more...

GertjanA
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

I'm slightly biased too, you should use Archive Shuttle to move the archives. I would go for EV.Cloud, but I have no real life experience with this. Using QT Archive Shuttle will assist in moving the data safe and secure to either one.

Your Veritas account manager should be able to better showcase EV.Cloud vs O365

Regards. Gertjan

WiTSend
Level 6
Partner

You'll either have to export all the archives to PSTs, put them on a SAN and send them to MS or Veritas and they will import, or you can use a 3rd party tool.  Make sure the validate that the tool you use has been tested with the version of EV you are running and prepare for a lengthy process.  No matter which you decide to go to and what tool you use the basic process is the same.  Export to PST and import into the new archive/mailbox.

Rob_Wilcox1
Level 6
Partner

Don't mean to be a pain, but Archive Shuttle doesn't migrate to Office 365 the way you described. #Justsayin.

Cloud_Archive_E
Level 2

I would investigate (no particular order) Nuix, BitTitan, or Archive360.

Good luck

AndrewB
Partner    VIP    Accredited

Why those? - question for "Cloud Archive Expert"

John_Santana
Level 6

Andrew,

The reason that I need to migrate is that because the emails will be in the cloud soon (Office 365) so therefore the archived email should go to the cloud as well to save up storage cost.

Hence I'm now wondering what will be the user experience when they access archived email if the archived emails are in the different cloud.

AndrewB
Partner    VIP    Accredited

John, I get it dude. We do EV migrations all day long. I was asking "Cloud Archive Expert" but this new forum layout doesn't show replies to posts and puts everything in the same line.

John_Santana
Level 6

Ah yes @AndrewB, the new layout is more suitable for blogging rather than forum :)