cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Migrating old file server LUN to the new Storage Array LUN, how to rehydrates the FSA archived files ?

John_Santana
Level 6

Hi People,

I'm currently migrating nearly 17 TB of file server content from the old file server storage array into the new virtual file server storage array. Among those amount, there are approximately 8.3 TB are archived by EV FSA.

Can someone olease suggest me what is the best way to combine the FSAutility command line with the robocopy command below, so that the archived file is also extracted / rehydrates back as full files to the new drive ?

robocopy.exe "D:" "\\NewFileServer\Data$" *.* /xd "D:\System Volume Information" /mir /copy:DATSOU /r:0 /w:0 /mt:32 /dcopy:DAT /fp /nfl /ndl /np /tee /log:"C:\LOGS\robocopy-status.log"

Because when I do the manual copy only the archived file place holder that gets copied not the full file recalled from the EV server.

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Rob_Wilcox1
Level 6
Partner

You will need to exclude the offline files from the robocopy, then use fsautility to push the archived files to the new storage?

Working for cloudficient.com

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Rob_Wilcox1
Level 6
Partner

You will need to exclude the offline files from the robocopy, then use fsautility to push the archived files to the new storage?

Working for cloudficient.com

John_Santana
Level 6

Thanks Rob,

Does the archived file has its limitation or special way to restore ?

because there are some big files archived by EV that I cannot recall manually by double clicking the file or even copy pasting it into different location.