Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Missing all PST migrated items

tsingh
Level 3

Hi,

I have a very wierd situation...

We are on EV 9.01and using server driven migration to migrate PSTs.. After the PSTs get migrated they are deleted from end user's computer... We move all PSTs into the archive with presenting it to user under folder called "Migrated PSTs" 

So here is the situtation:  I have a user who's migration status shows completed.. user sees folder for each migrated PST in the archive (Virtual Vault and Archive Explorer) however all of them are empty...

I looked at the migration details.. don't see any failures or errors, but also do not see any items being migrated in results tab...

And the worst part is original PSTs are gone from user's machine and from Holding/Temp folders on EV server... I am at loss here and don't know where to go next.

FYI, our content policy only allows .msg type, and user definately had .msg types in the PSTs.. even if it didn't then PSTs should not have been deleted...

Does anyone have ideas as to what may have happened...

Thanks for your help in advance.

7 REPLIES 7

JesusWept3
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified
And it's definitely not in the mailbox? Typically anything processed in the PST that can't be archived will be moved in to users exchange mailbox Were there any events saying it imported the items?
https://www.linkedin.com/in/alex-allen-turl-07370146

Rob_Wilcox1
Level 6
Partner

Do you have the PST migration report from the EV server?  That should give an insight into what happened.

Working for cloudficient.com

tsingh
Level 3

This was done a while back and user only reported it yesterday... so all event logs and migration reports were purged... I never looked further because the Migration status showed completed.. so I took it as a sucess... :(

I have a case open with support lets see what they say.. This is definately a strangest thing I have seen in EV

tsingh
Level 3

Nope..

Nothing from PSTs showed in the mailbox.. All the events from the time of migration have been purged...

Thanks

JesusWept3
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified

do you run storage expiry per chance?
I mean the difficult thing to try and prove is how many items they had in their pst to begin with, how many items actually got archived or migrated, how many items have been moved since being imported, how many items may have been deleted by the user, how many items may have been expired etc

So for instance if the PST file is from 2006 and you do expiry after 5 years and you base it on Modified Date (Sent/Received Date) then literally as soon as the pst is imported, Expiry is going to turn right back around and delete it

https://www.linkedin.com/in/alex-allen-turl-07370146

tsingh
Level 3

We do run storage expiry but the settings are set to delete from ingestion date not original recieved date... These PSTs were migrated in oct of last year....

Thanks

GertjanA
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

Is your index ok for this archive?

Which client do you use? If 9.03, check this one: http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH180574

Additionally, is user online, or offline? If offline, might be he is looking at Vault Cache, which might not yet be updated.

Regards. Gertjan