cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Move Archive stuck on step 4 of 5

Rich_Jones
Level 3

Hi

I am in the process of moving our EV mailboxes to a new store and am using the move archive tool. I have around 50 archives that seem to have progressed all the way through but have stopped on "Step 4 of 5 - Waiting for destination backup"

I can move other archives to the same store with no issue and they complete but these 50 or so seem stuck in this cycle.

the log file repeatedly logs the following event

03/10/2011 12:06:51 Started Processing
03/10/2011 12:06:52 Step 4 of 5 - Waiting for destination backup.
03/10/2011 12:06:52 Entered a sleep state for 30 minutes. Reason: Waiting for the back up of the destination archive to complete.
03/10/2011 12:06:52 Stopped Processing

for reference I am moving these archive from an NTFS drive to a CIFS share and am using the PartitionSecuredNotification.xml method of identifying that they are back up and I am running V9.0.2

any help would be greatly appreciated!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Rich_Jones
Level 3

I have spoken to support and it appears we have traced the issue down to the SQL table not updating the backupcomplete table in dbo.journalarchive for some reason.

after making backups we have reset the bacupcomplete to 1 and all has kicked back into life.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

JesusWept3
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified

do you have items building in your JournalArchive (BackupComplete = 0) and WatchFile tables?

https://www.linkedin.com/in/alex-allen-turl-07370146

Rich_Jones
Level 3

Hi JesusWept2

I have checked the watchfile table for the database that corresponds to the vault store we are moving to and the results are as follows.

Backupcomplete = 0 has 8200 items

the watchfile tables  has 2190 items in it.

when I check the status on the console it identifies that there are no problems detected.

I ran another mailbox move to the same vault store overnight and it completed successfully but the same 50 or so did not move.

thanks

Rich_Jones
Level 3

can anyone help with this?

Rich_Jones
Level 3

I have spoken to support and it appears we have traced the issue down to the SQL table not updating the backupcomplete table in dbo.journalarchive for some reason.

after making backups we have reset the bacupcomplete to 1 and all has kicked back into life.

phaul
Level 4
Partner Accredited
Did you backed up your vault store database and ran the move archive again?