cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Moving mailboxes in a large installation

ThomasMillerJR
Level 4

OK I am a little confused on the subject of moving mailboxes.

I have Exchange 2010 setup with 8 DAGs split accross 16 mailbox role servers.  EV is 9.0.2

I have 8 Enterprise Vault servers that participate in 1 Vault store group and share everything.

This is a new installation. Currently I have users on only 1 EV archiving server.  Each DAG has one EV server.

So we have a situation where I need to move mailboxes out of one DAG to another after archiving as much data as possible.

All Exchange servers have an archive task so there are no "new" Exchange servers.  Do I need to enable SyncInMigrationMode?

The article http://www.symantec.com/business/support/index?page=content&id=TECH48928&key=50996&basecat=HOW_TO&ac...  refers to new exchange servers...  Does that really mean "new exchange server in relationship to where the mailbox is currently stored"?

Thanks

Tom

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

LCT
Level 6
Accredited Certified

Yes if you are moving mailboxes between DAG or/and servers. You should also run the provisioning task to update the users too.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

LCT
Level 6
Accredited Certified

Yes if you are moving mailboxes between DAG or/and servers. You should also run the provisioning task to update the users too.

MichelZ
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified

Hi

To avoid the EV Servers having to cross-retrieve items, you might want to align Mailboxes & Archives.

Cheers
Michel

cloudficient - EV Migration, creators of EVComplete.