cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Multiple Centera Partitions

Grog
Level 3
We are in the process of migrating data from an old Gen2 Centera to a new Gen4 Centera.  Currently, the "old" Gen2 Centera partition is closed, and the Gen4 partition is open - so all new data writes are going to the Gen4, while EV is able to retrieve data from each.  The vender wants to migrate the data using a process that copies from one Centera directly to the other Centera, using a utility called "CasCopy" or "C2C". 

My question is how EV "knows" where the data resides on a Centera.  I've crawled through the Vault Store databases, and the directory database and cannot determine how a SaveSet (or a clip in Centera-speak) points to a certain Centera partition.  Is this all handled through the Centera API?  If that is the case, then it seems that EV doesn't care which Centera the data resides on, as the call for the data will simply go to the API, and it will figure it out (or send the request to both Centera's).

If anyone knows of more information on how EV interacts with a Centera, I would be interested in reading it.

Thanks !!!  
1 REPLY 1

Michael_Bilsbor
Level 6
Accredited
Hi,
Items in the saveset table will have an idpartition value which refers then to the partition they are in.  So you will have some entries referring to one partition and some entries referring to another.  So that's how EV knows it's on a centera etc. 
There are references between the saveset table and the collection or savesetstore tables which then contain a clipid to refer to the actual item.