cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Multiple EV sites queries

mayu
Level 4

We are currently using enterprise vault 9.0 for exchange 2007 mailbox archiving

We are planning to install EV 10.x and later on 11 phase wise on new server with new EV site and new directory database. The mailbox servers will be decommission from old EV server and will be connected on new EV server.

Please let me know in this case the old shortcut will work from outlook or user has to access old archive mail via Archive Explorer. Any other issues which we are not able to visualize now.

The new EV will be deployed in same physical network.

e.g. 

User A resides on Exchange A currently configured on EV1 users archive is present on EV1 

We will deploy new EV server on new site i.e. EV2 

EV1 user will disable from EV1 and added to EV2 however we will not move the archives since more than 10tb of total archived data.

Our question is can user A is able to access archived mails stored on EV1 after moving to EV2.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Rob_Wilcox1
Level 6
Partner

I would personally recommend moving the data...  however if you want to keep them seperate then you can use the Web Application URL option in the desktop policy to point people back to the 'old' archive:

2014-11-03_10h36_24.png

Working for cloudficient.com

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Rob_Wilcox1
Level 6
Partner

I would personally recommend moving the data...  however if you want to keep them seperate then you can use the Web Application URL option in the desktop policy to point people back to the 'old' archive:

2014-11-03_10h36_24.png

mayu
Level 4

Thanks Rob.

So should I conclude that user is able to access both of his archives present on old EV server and new EV server but what about the hidden message present on the users mailbox.

I got to know that the users mailbox hidden message content the EV site information if we added user A to EV2 which was previously resides on EV1 and old archives also present on EV1 how that user can able to access old archives since after moving this user to EV2 the hidden malibox points to EV2 only.

Please correct me if I am wrong.

Rob_Wilcox1
Level 6
Partner

Because the setting/screenshot that I showed is something that you do on EV 2.  Then when the user synchronises, and gets a hidden message, they'll have that setting and it will work.