Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Multiple Exchange sites

Celtic
Level 5
Partner
Hi,
I have an single exchange org with three exchange servers all on different sites. Can I have one EV server in one central location archiving from each exchange server to the central location (bandwidth permitting)? Or do I need to have an EV server on each site? If I need an EV server on each site should it be part of the current evsite within the console or should they be in different sites under the same directory?
Help much appreciated
Thanks
P
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Maverik
Level 6
Very much bandwidth permitting you can archive remote sites to a single EV server and I know of numerous companies that do this. 

I would personally probably put them all under a single site if I had an EV server at each location.  You then only have one EV Directory SQL database, opposed to what would be multiple otherwise as they would each be completely seperate.  I guess it could come down to costs etc.

There is a EV Planning Guide availble for planning deployment of Enterprise Vault.  This is available from the normal support location and selecting documentation in theright hand side.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

Maverik
Level 6
Very much bandwidth permitting you can archive remote sites to a single EV server and I know of numerous companies that do this. 

I would personally probably put them all under a single site if I had an EV server at each location.  You then only have one EV Directory SQL database, opposed to what would be multiple otherwise as they would each be completely seperate.  I guess it could come down to costs etc.

There is a EV Planning Guide availble for planning deployment of Enterprise Vault.  This is available from the normal support location and selecting documentation in theright hand side.