cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need different permissions for Exchange eVault than for Exchange Mailboxes

Sandy_Proesch
Level 2

We have several admin users who have full access to everyone's mailbox in Exchange.  When we brought those mailboxes into eVault, these users now see everyone's archive in the Archive Explorer and they really only want to see theirs.  They do however want to retain their ability to support users on Exchange mailboxes so they need to keep their full access there.

Is there a simple (or even a not so simple) way of accomplishing this?

--Sandy

Windows 208R2

Evault 10.0.1

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

TonySterling
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

Outside of using seperate account I think your best option is to use EVPM to putt a deny on all the archives for your admin users. You can find examples in the utilities guide. 

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

AndrewB
Partner    VIP    Accredited

the simple way is to have admin accounts and non-admin accounts. it sounds like your regular user accounts with mailboxes and archives have admin permissions.

you only mention Archive Explorer but anywhere you look, you'll see all the archives you have permissions to.

TonySterling
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

Outside of using seperate account I think your best option is to use EVPM to putt a deny on all the archives for your admin users. You can find examples in the utilities guide. 

AndrewB
Partner    VIP    Accredited

if you use EVPM just remember that it's a one-time thing so save your script in case you have to reapply the settings. in some environments, things like this would need to run on a regular basis in order to make sure the settings are applied to new archives as they get created.

Sandy_Proesch
Level 2

Thanks, everyone.  I will look at the EVPM option.