cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need help on schedule archiving- A5 does move

neo_hunk2kk
Level 3

Hello All,

A5 queues does move, A1 is processing, A3 has got items in it and when A1 completes A3 process and so on.. however nothing gets moved from A5 queue.

what triggeres to move A5 queue. Task is in schedule , restarted task numerous time  still no good and its really slow movement in these queues  and no movements inA5 queues.I also cleared A5 queue and now i see  in A5 queues as " process exchange server." i dont know what it is?? Is it suppose to like this??

I am on exchnage server 2010 and Enterprise Vault server 10.0.4 also I have seen some .mq files in msmq  each of 4 mb not sure what are these??

noting found in a5 queue for any errors.

have someone seen this behaviour???

Cheers

neo

4 REPLIES 4

AndrewB
Partner    VIP    Accredited

the a5 queue is a list of mailboxes to be processed.

is your msmq quota set to 8gb per best practices?

neo_hunk2kk
Level 3

Thanks Andrew, thanks for the response.. it has set through registry to 40 GB  and I am not sure.. why A6 queues has got limit set specifig to this queue of 100 MB.

cheers

neo

AndrewB
Partner    VIP    Accredited

is your EV server clustered? that's the only time i'd bother with the registry for msmq. otherwise:

Go to Computer Management, Services and Applications, Right click on Message Queuing, prperties.

on the General tab change the limit to 8GB

restart the MSMQ service

TonySterling
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

How many requests do you have in A3? It would seem you are doing Run Nows against mailboxes, is there a particular reason why you would be doing that?

Those could be causing a delay in processing A5

Notes on the Exchange Mailbox task queues

Article:HOWTO96627  |  Created: 2014-05-07  |  Updated: 2014-05-07  |  Article URL http://www.symantec.com/docs/HOWTO96627

The Exchange Mailbox task processes the queues in order of priority. The task scans through each queue, starting with the highest priority. If it finds a message on a queue, it processes the message and then starts the scan again from the highest priority queue. Therefore, queues A2 through A7 are not processed until queue A1 is empty. When A1 is empty, A2 requests are processed before A3 requests.