cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New EV install allows Report to be run but not actual archive against a provisioned mailbox

CPGHelpdesk
Level 2

I have worked through the guide to install EV 9.01. However we are now at a stage that although the Exchange Mailbox and Archiving task allows using the run now to report against a selected mailbox (that has been provisioned) when we select the run mode "Archiving and shorcut processing" the mailbox does not appear to allow us to perform an actual archive.

Report mode is creating a log file that shows how many items are in the mailbox, etc in the EV install folder.

I did manually run the provisioning task first to allow the mailbox to appear in the selection list in report mode. We can also run a Syncronisation task against the Provisioned box successfully.

Only actual archive runs aren't showing the mailbox when you select the "selected mailbox" option.

Lastly we have installed the outlook 2010 HTTP plugin and have found as per the document it doesn't appear under the file menu. When installing this plugin from the CD it did not reqest any settings where our evserver resides.We also can't see on the server side where to setup the Outlook 2010 allowed features.

Can anyone help?

Thanks,

Kevin

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

GertjanA
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

Hi Kevin,

Is your site schedule set? Does the task use the schedule? Is the mailbox enabled for archiving?

(top of Console, click enable mailbox, select exchange server, enable mailbox, then sync)

Is EV in backup mode (check the VaultStoreGroup, underneath in the VAC you can see if it is in backup)

As for buttons, as long as user is not enabled, no buttons. It won't ask for configuration, that is done via the vault-server and sync, which writes a 'hidden'message in the mailbox, which allows the client to show buttons. Do check the desktop policy assigned to the user, to verify yu have set the buttons to show.

GJ

Regards. Gertjan

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

GertjanA

Hi Kevin,

Is your site schedule set? Does the task use the schedule? Is the mailbox enabled for archiving?

(top of Console, click enable mailbox, select exchange server, enable mailbox, then sync)

Is EV in backup mode (check the VaultStoreGroup, underneath in the VAC you can see if it is in backup)

As for buttons, as long as user is not enabled, no buttons. It won't ask for configuration, that is done via the vault-server and sync, which writes a 'hidden'message in the mailbox, which allows the client to show buttons. Do check the desktop policy assigned to the user, to verify yu have set the buttons to show.

GJ

Regards. Gertjan

TonySterling

The mailbox will need to be enabled before you can actually archive it. 

To enable one or more mailboxes manually

In the Administration Console, click Enable Mailbox on the Tools menu or click the Enable Mailboxes for Archiving icon on the toolbar.

The Enable Mailbox wizard starts.

Follow the instructions, and click Help on any of the wizard screens for further information.

As for the client install, it won't ask about the EV Server because the information it needs to connect will be in the hidden message that EV puts in the mailbox when it gets enabled.

Regards,

CPGHelpdesk
Level 2

Thanks guys. I can't believe I have spent nearly 4 hours on and off to find the enable mailbox button on the top menu in EV! It is working a treat now.

I did wonder how it got the settings to the client, very clever!

:o)