cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

OWA Attachments appear as '65B'

PJ2009
Level 3

I've recently built a new Client Access Server in our Exchange environment and to allow clients to get archived attachments when using external OWA, I installed the EV OWA extensions, added the new servers name to the 'ExchangeServers.txt' file on the Enterprise Vault server, ran the OWAUser.wsf script to apply the EVAnon permissions and restarted the EV services. Since doing this though, I am unable to retrieve any archived attachments no matter what CAS I connect to and they all appear as '65B'. I enabled EV logging and connected to OWA but I can see '[EVContext::LoadHiddenSettings] Retrieved hidden message from web services' so everything seems to be ok. Do I need to re-install the EV OWA extensions after running the OWAUser.wsf script or does anyone have any idea why this isn't working?

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions

AndrewB
Partner    VIP    Accredited

are you using firefox? can you try with Internet Explorer 9 (or 10 in compatibility mode) ?

View solution in original post

Andrew_G_
Level 5
Employee Accredited

[Sorry for the delay, I had this ready on Friday but couldn't log in]

The clue is in those log files, in particular these two lines:

06/02/2015 09:06:22 [3460,16]     User agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.3; WOW64; rv:35.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/35.0
06/02/2015 09:06:22 [3460,16] [EVContext::IsValidBrowser] Returning: False

The OWA extensions only support Internet Explorer, and it looks like you are using some flavour of Firefox.

Andrew

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11

AndrewB

were you able to retrieve archived items from OWA before you added the new server, updated the txt file, and reran the script?

can you share all the different versions of the components in question? also, post the owa log file for us.

PJ2009
Level 3

Yes, retrieving attachments from archived items worked fine before the new server was added and the OWAUser script was ran so I'm pretty sure it's related to that in some way. The one thing I did have to do was reset the password of the EVAnon account as I didn't know it (set up by a colleague who has since left). The script was ran again after the password was reset though.

The log file is pretty big, am I good to post it here or can I send it to you directly?

Current config is;

4 Exchange 2010 SP3 Client Access Servers on Server 2008 R2

Enterprise Vault 9.0.2.1061

Let me know if you need to know anything else.

AndrewB

OWA should create a new log file for each session so you might want to enable logging again, login to OWA, and try accessing a couple archived items, then logoff to get a smaller file you can post here.

you may have seen the technotes about the 65B issue but just in case:

Troubleshooting Enterprise Vault (EV) toolbar display issues in Outlook Web Access/App (OWA) 2007/2010

Article:TECH68743  |  Created: 2009-01-13  |  Updated: 2014-12-03  |  Article URL http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH68743

• If the calls to the Exchange/EWS VD's fail, archived items in OWA that have attachments will refer to the attachment as "@65b".  This shows that EV failed to read the hidden message.
  •  

OWA light client @65B Error

Article:TECH158286  |  Created: 2011-04-18  |  Updated: 2014-10-02  |  Article URL http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH158286

PJ2009
Level 3

Ok, I've attached the new log file although I've replaced any reference of the organization with 'MyCompany' and any reference to the user account with 'Test.User'

I did see those technotes although they weren't really any help and as I can see "[EVContext::LoadHiddenSettings] Retrieved hidden message from web services" in the log files, I thought it was reading the hidden message...

AndrewB

are you using firefox? can you try with Internet Explorer 9 (or 10 in compatibility mode) ?

Andrew_G_
Level 5
Employee Accredited

[Sorry for the delay, I had this ready on Friday but couldn't log in]

The clue is in those log files, in particular these two lines:

06/02/2015 09:06:22 [3460,16]     User agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.3; WOW64; rv:35.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/35.0
06/02/2015 09:06:22 [3460,16] [EVContext::IsValidBrowser] Returning: False

The OWA extensions only support Internet Explorer, and it looks like you are using some flavour of Firefox.

Andrew

PJ2009
Level 3

No worries, I had the same problem!

I've tested this and it works on IE9 & 10 but I actually get the same issue with IE11 and I'm pretty sure it has worked with IE11 in the past. Would there be any reason why it wouldn't work with IE11? Is it not supported yet or do I need a newer version of the OWA extensions? I can generate a new log when using IE11 if it helps.

Andrew_G_
Level 5
Employee Accredited

Make sure it's using compatibility view.

If it's still broken, then please post the log of that session.

PJ2009
Level 3

Working fine in compatibility mode :)

On a seperate note, would the newest version of EV support other browsers or is IE the only supported browser?

Thanks for the help folks, appreciate it!

AndrewB

with EV 10.0.3 and later, you can use OMA 2013 with other browsers however, OWA in Exchange 2010 with the EV addins is still supported only with IE

PJ2009
Level 3

Brilliant, thanks again guys.