cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

OWA Buttons - Round 2 - Only on some machines?

Morgan_Hamilton
Level 4
Partner
Ok.. so I think my EV install is possesed. On some computers the "action" buttons are now showing up in OWA, but on other computers they are not. I tried correlating it to the User Extension install, but that wasn't it. I am logging in to OWA as the same user, on different machines and the presentation is different? Thanks in advance.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

TonySterling
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified
Clearing the cache is necessary, b/c the control files are in the IE Temp files. :)

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Morgan_Hamilton
Level 4
Partner
Ok.. so I did figure out one thing.. it has to do with the way I hit the OWA server. If I use the fqdns Server.com.local/exchange - I get the buttons. If I hit it with the NETBIOS name Server/exchange - no buttons? Must be an authenticaiton issue. I'll poke around, but if anyone has any ideas please let me know. Thanks.

Morgan_Hamilton
Level 4
Partner
I figured it out. On all of the virtual directories on the Exchange server, under Directory Security -> Authentication Methods -> Basic Authentication, it has just a "\" under domain. By putting in the NETBIOS name of the domain on all the Enterprise Vault virtual directories, then doing an IISRESET, I was able to get it to work. I actually think I saw something about this in the SP1 release notes, but haven't applied SP1 yet.

Morgan_Hamilton
Level 4
Partner
Just to add... I had to clear the IE cache on client computers in order for the buttons to appear.

TonySterling
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified
Clearing the cache is necessary, b/c the control files are in the IE Temp files. :)