cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Offline Shortcut problem

bc9ams
Level 3
Hi,

I've got a problem when accessing shortcuts when offline. I am assuming that the Vault Cache / Virtual Vault is supposed to allow a user to open the full item from a shortcut, and if outlook is offline then it will automatically try to pull the item out of the VC/VV?

When any of my users try it the stub message is all that is shown, and there is an error stating "There was an error loading this item -- some functionality may not be available".

Does anyone have any ideas about this? I have tried to re-regenerate the local VC/VV, and I have checked the VV and the mails which I am using to test are in the Virtual Vault (they open fine when offline via the VV).

Thanks
4 REPLIES 4

Nick_White
Level 6
Employee
Hi,

to try to narrow things down a little can you click on the text "There was an error loading this item -..." as it should display a (hopefully!) more meaningful error

Thanks

bc9ams
Level 3
It says "The server name could not be resolved"

Nick_White
Level 6
Employee
A client trace is going to be helpful here in that case. To enable client tracing, hold ctrl+shift and then click on an EV toolbar button to get to the diagnostics box. Set the level to maximum and restart Outlook. Recreate the error and then you can open the log file from the diagnostics box

Stefan_Walch
Not applicable
Hi,

I would be very interested in a solution to this issue as I'm facing exactly the same problem.

Thanks