cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Offline vault asking to download on every archived item

DBalestri
Level 3

One of our users that uses offline vault receives the following message every time he tries to open an archived message when he's offline.  This doesn't happen with other offline vault mailboxes.  We suspect that he interrupted the initial download.  Is there any way to validate this or to re-do the full download?

"The item is not in your offline vault. If you want to download it now you must have a network connection. Do you want to download this item now or later"

Dave

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Maverik
Level 6

Have you triied simply resetting his Offline Vault and then allowing it to sync?  You cna do this by holding down shift and control selecting any Ev button in Outlook and then selecting reset in the window that appears.  Restart Outlook and do it again. 

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Maverik
Level 6

Have you triied simply resetting his Offline Vault and then allowing it to sync?  You cna do this by holding down shift and control selecting any Ev button in Outlook and then selecting reset in the window that appears.  Restart Outlook and do it again. 

DBalestri
Level 3

Thanks! 

Great suggestion - sounds like some sort of double-secret-probation process.  However, we're hiding all the buttons and toolbars.  Is there a way to reset it without the shift/cntl/button approach?

Dave

EV_Guru
Level 4
Partner

Currently there is no other way as over the Outlook Button - Reset mechanism.

Maybe there are some changes now with v8.0, there is now the EVResetClient command, but i think this will affect the whole client settings not only the Offline Vault one's...

www.longerich.com

OlafD
Level 5
I have the same issue, it seems with all users that have the offline vault. I have resetted the offline vault, then restarted Outlook. After it was finished I unplugged my networkcable and tried to open an archived item. Same issue again. What could this be?

Thnx!

Olaf