cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Outlook 2002 - error loading this item

Petr_Svab_2
Level 4
Hello, I have EV6SP1, Exch2003, Win2003
On clients with Outlook 2003 all working well, but on clients with Outlook 2002 have problems. Users cannot open some archived messages, error loading this item. We are used full user extension. With new version (from SP1) connot open old archi´ved item, with old version (from EV6) cannot open new archived items. With outlook 2003 havent problem. Have you some idea where is mistake ?
Petr
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

TonySterling
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified
This may or may not be it, but there are some issues with older versions of OL and unicode format.

You can try setting the webapp.ini setting in the Enterprise Vault installation directory on the Server. Just create a text file using notepad called webapp.ini if you do not already have one and type the following lines into the file.

DefaultFormatType = ansi

Save the file and restart any open Outlook sessions and try again. You should not have to restart any services.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

TonySterling
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified
This may or may not be it, but there are some issues with older versions of OL and unicode format.

You can try setting the webapp.ini setting in the Enterprise Vault installation directory on the Server. Just create a text file using notepad called webapp.ini if you do not already have one and type the following lines into the file.

DefaultFormatType = ansi

Save the file and restart any open Outlook sessions and try again. You should not have to restart any services.

Tremaine
Level 6
Employee Certified
You could try to add the following setting to your webapp.ini file on your EV Server:
DefaultFormatType=ansi

As per http://seer.support.veritas.com/docs/279962.htm

Cheers

Jason_Szeto
Level 6
I'm guessing since you are using the full client you are having some type of DCOM communication issue. I'm also guessing your Outlook 2003 users are using cache mode right now. The reason why I'm saying this is when using Outlook 2003 in cache mode and the full client. The full client will behave like the lite client and only make HTTP calls to the EV server.

So what I would try is install the lite client for all your 2002 users or see if there is a reason why DCOM is failing.